Trade party restocking player shop...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have done some googling on trade guild parties restocking player shops and I noticed the last update fixed it, but where are they? How does one go about getting the trade party to restock my shop? Is there some black magic ritual that involves a chicken? Am I not holding my mouth right? Seriously how does this work? I have tried the /create_trade_party out of desperation with a message trade party created from the nearest unloaded sector. I go to look for said trade party to no avail. This makes me rage drink my coffee! Any tips to get this to work? Has anyone even seen this mythical trade party? Thank you in advance.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    /shop_restock full

/shop_restock_full

Not sure which one works, but it fills up the shop completely

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Indeed that works but it does not answer my question. I want a trade guild party to restock player owned shop.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Indeed that works but it does not answer my question. I want a trade guild party to restock player owned shop.
    You do know that the bug was that trade-guild parties WERE restocking player-owned shops, and since it was fixed they no longer do it?

Reaction score
    You do know that the bug was that trade-guild parties WERE restocking player-owned shops, and since it was fixed they no longer do it?
    Maybe the fix should have been to turn it into a config setting... hope is not lost though that it will happen some time along the planned NPC/RP features.

Reaction score
    Maybe the fix should have been to turn it into a config setting... hope is not lost though that it will happen some time along the planned NPC/RP features.
    this makes no sense whatsoever the npcs' were literally dropping off millions and millions of credits worth of blocks at player stores for free this completely breaks both the economy and immersion as people wouldn't just randomly give you stuff for no reason especially not a "merchant guild" THE WHOLE POINT of player owned shops is that those shops are filled with "player made" goods.....

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well a config option to turn on the Trading Guild Restock of player shops would be nice to have we should have to do something first before we'll get that. Say you go to a TG shop or station and order a trading party from the selection. You put in the sector coordinates of the shop you own is or just your faction name if you are in a faction and want to restock all your shops. People not in factions or just wanting to restock one shop will need sector coords while factions could get the more expensive multi-shop restock by entering their faction name. Handy idea to say the least and yes would be controllable from the configs. :)

Reaction score
    Well a config option to turn on the Trading Guild Restock of player shops would be nice to have we should have to do something first before we'll get that. Say you go to a TG shop or station and order a trading party from the selection. You put in the sector coordinates of the shop you own is or just your faction name if you are in a faction and want to restock all your shops. People not in factions or just wanting to restock one shop will need sector coords while factions could get the more expensive multi-shop restock by entering their faction name. Handy idea to say the least and yes would be controllable from the configs. :)
    this is completely different from what was actually happening and to be honest i don't really like this much either but at least this would make sense.

here is the thing the npc faction magically spawning things out of thin air because they don't do any mining or crafting is fine i guess because of the limited amount of items they drop off, sort of. But I personally don't think that player made stations / shops should have the ability to pay x amount of credits to magically have blocks placed back in their shops.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    this makes no sense whatsoever the npcs' were literally dropping off millions and millions of credits worth of blocks at player stores for free this completely breaks both the economy and immersion as people wouldn't just randomly give you stuff for no reason especially not a "merchant guild"
    Ooooooops sorry I was not aware of that specific bug, can you forgive me? Just this one time? Please? Here, have a heart!
    THE WHOLE POINT of player owned shops is that those shops are filled with "player made" goods.....
    I do agree with that, on my server the shop spawning probability is 1E-5... still I think it would be nice to have an option for auto-trading with the trading guild. It would only require they take money for the stuff they deliver, shouldn't be too difficult...

Reaction score
    Ooooooops sorry I was not aware of that specific bug, can you forgive me? Just this one time? Please? Here, have a heart!

I do agree with that, on my server the shop spawning probability is 1E-5... still I think it would be nice to have an option for auto-trading with the trading guild. It would only require they take money for the stuff they deliver, shouldn't be too difficult...
    would you really want that though? you would essentially be buying blocks you don't wan't / need you really want the trade guild to come buy and drain 1 mil credits for dropping off 1000 power supply computers?

and that leads to a whole bunch of new problems whats to stop you from setting your shop buy prices to 1 and your sell prices to 2000 and essentially buying a whole bunch of modules for basically nothing.

but if its not based on your prices then basically you are paying more/less than you earn on said modules because the trade guild overrides your prices and then you would have no way to control what the guild brings.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    would you really want that though? you would essentially be buying blocks you don't wan't / need you really want the trade guild to come buy and drain 1 mil credits for dropping off 1000 power supply computers?

and that leads to a whole bunch of new problems whats to stop you from setting your shop buy prices to 1 and your sell prices to 2000 and essentially buying a whole bunch of modules for basically nothing.

but if its not based on your prices then basically you are paying more/less than you earn on said modules because the trade guild overrides your prices and then you would have no way to control what the guild brings.
    It wouldn't be too difficult to have the trading guild drop off things that were in high demand. Which would make sense. And at that point, the prices could be recalculated too.

Reaction score
    Player shops aren't working as intended at the moment, and neither is the trading guild (nor pirates for that matter). If they can't do basic accounting, that's clearly not desirable.
    There has been talk about revamping the whole trading system, including changing the trading guild from popping stuff out of nothing to actually moving goods, buying low where there is surplus available, and selling high where there is demand, that's what I'm alluding to.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    What I want is to be able to set up a shop that I for all intents simply give to the trade guild to manage. It ceases to be 'my' shop and simply becomes a trade guild shop, which they stock and restock. If I want something from that shop, I buy it just like anyone else. What I get for it is the ability to have a new shop where I wanted a new shop to be, like having one on my home base where it could be convenient to simply buy a few obscure blocks as I am building instead of trying to figure out which factory makes the bloody thing, or even what it might be called.

For balance purposes, one could stipulate a substantial cash investment to get it running, or perhaps a minimum station mass. That to prevent people from easily filling their local area with 100 shops.

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    I'm done i'll quit arguing you think you want this but you don't.... when / if it gets implemented and the trade guild comes and drops off the 37 shield rechargers that you wanted in your shop and charges you 37 million credits cause they also brought in 2700 cannon computers 1800 power drain modules 600 of each of the planet plate blocks 564 red hull which you already have 75000 of and a whole list of other stuff cause you have no control you will then complain that the shop block is useless and you can't use it how it was meant to be used which is to set up a player store.

Maybe it could somehow be balanced so it checks to see what you have in your store and doesn't sell you a ton of crap you don't need / don't want without you having to babysit / micromanage 5000 different options in the store like don't buy dirt from the trading guild for every single block but i just don't see it.

Imo the whole point of starmade is not to play by yourself but to be online playing in a faction trading and interacting with other HUMAN PLAYERS and yes i'm sure there could be a server config which would just disable trade guild dropping stuff of to non npc generated stores it just all seems rather pointless to me. SIgh

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm done i'll quit arguing you think you want this but you don't.... when / if it gets implemented and the trade guild comes and drops off the 37 shield rechargers that you wanted in your shop and charges you 37 million credits cause they also brought in 2700 cannon computers 1800 power drain modules 600 of each of the planet plate blocks 564 red hull which you already have 75000 of and a whole list of other stuff cause you have no control you will then complain that the shop block is useless and you can't use it how it was meant to be used which is to set up a player store.
    Well, that would be one way I suppose. My way (essentially just spawning a trade station) it would just be a regular store. If I buy the 37 shield rechargers, it would cost me no more than it would cost at any other store. All it really saves me is the hassle of having to jump in a ship and go visit one, or spend three minutes searching through the factory dropdown to figure out what it is I am looking for, just because I need three more of some obscure somethingorother.

Reaction score
    Well, that would be one way I suppose. My way (essentially just spawning a trade station) it would just be a regular store. If I buy the 37 shield rechargers, it would cost me no more than it would cost at any other store. All it really saves me is the hassle of having to jump in a ship and go visit one, or spend three minutes searching through the factory dropdown to figure out what it is I am looking for, just because I need three more of some obscure somethingorother.
    there is a search option on all the factories you don't have to use the drop down menu.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!

Maybe it could somehow be balanced so it checks to see what you have in your store and doesn't sell you a ton of crap you don't need / don't want without you having to babysit / micromanage 5000 different options in the store like don't buy dirt from the trading guild for every single block but i just don't see it.

Imo the whole point of starmade is not to play by yourself but to be online playing in a faction trading and interacting with other HUMAN PLAYERS and yes i'm sure there could be a server config which would just disable trade guild dropping stuff of to non npc generated stores it just all seems rather pointless to me. SIgh
    As I said up a bit, it would not be difficult for the trader restock feature to only restock items that are high volume or almost out of stock. So it wouldn't bring cannon computers if you still have 300 in stock. And do you really think that Schema wouldn't include some sort of configuration options if the shop update was a big update? So you could probably TELL it what it should be restocking. Take a chill pill and relax a bit, you're getting worked up for nothing.

Reaction score
    Thanks for telling me, really, I had no idea. I guess I'm going to ask for your consent next time I think I know what I want? Sigh indeed.
    always willing to help people struggling with life choices :) get ahold of me anytime

Reaction score
    Or scanners could at least reveal shops...

If that's too easy, we could even just have them lumped with the stations first, so we at least know where to go(aka cloak-ship scout because of lol-missiles), but that seems silly for a shop, which should be broadcasting its presence.

More on-topic, requesting items to be delivered for a small fee(reserved at a shop or to your base), would be a nice, and realistic, feature.