• tender at dusk bby

Votes: 2 50.0%
    • tender at dawn bby

Votes: 2 50.0%
    • tender all the way to the heat death of the universe

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I'm not going to actually expand on any of this bc that would require several more minutes of typing which I'm not really willing to put in

The idea is you assign planets certain values, potentially random, potentially based on stuff like ores they contain, size, distance from sun, planet type, or etc, and these values correspond to certain traits on fauna. The creatures will be able to survive better on planets with values in the ranges that are good for them, the further from these ranges you go the less likely it is they'll breed and the more likely it is they'll spontaneously die.

Now for each trait on a creature, or maybe some weird group of traits idk, you can extract some sort of item which can be used together in some sort of crafting system to make some sort of stuff not available in shops. This way, to get certain resources you have to either control and have plantations containing the exact creatures you need on a balls-ton of planets, or actually trade for the weird alien extracts you need to craft the, like, purple flesh-gyrator block you want or whatever. maybe this stuff would be better used in armor or decoration crafting idk, but boom incentivized trade happened

Reactions: Ithirahad