Trade Bazaar/Cities | Multi-faction, Multi-Station Sectors

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to see the ability for server administrators to be able to spawn factionable entities like stations planets and asteroids within sectors already containing multiple entities to allow player made cities and trading bazaars, multi faction spacestations etc.

Multi-faction stations/sectors under sector protection will create places for players to congregate, shop and sell their goods, and safely park ships at their appropriate faction dock

My original post on the topic is below but if this were to be a feature added it could be greatly expanded upon like instead of building a station within a station to create building borders, Docking type box's could be used to outline the available workspace.

Please read the original post and let your imagination wander (This was originally a poorly planned feature (can't be implimented with current build) for the starmade server I play on.):

""Shop Stall Applications Are >HERE<
    http://www.ignite-gaming.com/index.php?topic=353.msg1028#msg1028

**Edit 926** ;D - Station design still experimental -- So far each stall in the bazaar station is a 75Lx50x50 empty space with a 1 block station Asteroid inside (faction block), plenty of room to make a cool shop with storage. Having players build a station within mine will set the size limitations and keep things tidy.

Good News, Bad News!;
    I have been speaking with Starmade support and found that this IS POSSIBLE! However, it would involve decrypting and editing the database to move our 1 block planet/asteroids into the same sector. So, this idea will be shelved with hopes maybe someone else will pick it up, or I magically learn java. - Thanks for reading.

MISSION:
    To create a protected sector where players may set up shop stalls in one easy to access location, allowing seamless trading without risk.

This sector will have prebuilt station(s) with stalls like a flea market. Stalls will be large enough to house your shop, storage, faction office/meeting room and/or personal hangout.

Players must apply for a shop stall which can then be customized. The shop must remain within constraints and building code for quality control. If a player is an active trader and in good standing they *may* be allowed to build their own station in the sector.

RULES:
    (These are common courtesy, no reason they should be broken!)
    1. NO LOITERING! - - Unless docked, ownerless ships left for over an hour will be parked somewhere else for you. 8)
    2. Hands off anything that is not yours.
    2. No ramming stations, or ships.
    3. If you have a large ship, park away from the shops. - - Designation may be available.
    4. Do not build outside of your stall. - - if you wish to have more space, just ask!
    5. New construction requires a permit. - - If you build without obtaining a _TAG it wont be there when morning comes.
    *6. Shop names MUST include the preset _TAG - - If/when you change it without adding the _TAG back at the end it may get deleted. (prevent unpermitted building)

ISSUES:

1. Sector enforcement...

It is a protected sector, however people are still able to ram and they will use it as ship parking, which leads to stealing and random shooting and yahdeyahdeyah etc etc..

2. Building enforcement...

People will build outside their stalls and anywhere they please. Since sector is protected I can't remove the blocks..[only admin]

Cheers!""

**edit** fixed syntax to fit forum *edit hid unused syntax from the OP

Reaction score
    Like the idea of a trading market for people to congregate on, chat, fight, engage in races, challenges etc, you could also have Banks for people to deposit funds / blocks into (or rob), with turrets through out the station that fire on any ships and act like a police.

With faction shops now added this could be a little easier to acheive, but would probably require a fair bit of collaberation on the server.

You could also charge a landing / docking fee depending upon the size of the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, The original idea was for a server feature that would be moderated by admins.

It can pretty much be implemented currently, without doing anything other than moving a single planet/asteroid block into a sector via database edit to bypass the station limit, or Editing DB to remove the 1 station per sector limit.

*Edit - I have seen stations built around shops with asteroids in the same sector, so its all about what the entity is classified as ..maybe.. but even if we get this figured out, there may still be a problem with multiple player shops in the same area, however it does not seem to cause a problem with npc shops vs player made.

I believe some servers have already been modding their spawn sectors. If anyone reading this has delved in the DB, could you please expand on this topic.