Read by Council Tractor beams and ion canons

Reaction score
    Tractor beams that can lock on to a ship and pull it towards an area specified for the tractor beam, ship's mass determining if the ship can be caught in a tractor beam (ship to ship mass ratio, along with tractor beam strength)
    Ion canons, that when fired at a ship would restart the ship's systems making them vulnerable for a certain amount of time.
    And also more Ai, both hostile neutral or ai faction.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ummmmm...... both of these are already basically in the game.

Reaction score
    The pull module can work as a tractor beam and push pulse disables systems for a second or two.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    when was the last time you tried to use pull modules as an effective tractor beam?
    A little while ago, I was primarily was using beam cannon turrets, but of course those have really terrible range. So I made beam beam turrets with a pull effect to effectively pull in smaller ships so they could be destroyed by the beam cannons. I also have used a beam cannon turret that could be manned a hanger bay with both push and pull beams so It could be used literally as a docking assist (or a tractor beam capable of reversing).

Other than already having these in game, I really don't think that adding these two as dedicated systems would be all that high priority, considering the current development direction. It appears that the general direction the game is moving to is in the NPC/ more factions/ interactive universe mode. Not really in the more weapons direction. Your suggestion for more AI is also already planned, so that will most likely be seen (hopefully) soon.

And while we're at it, I'm going to spam you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i agree that it can be used but i was more thinking of something that could essentially tow a ship

and this is hard using pull and push modules. i agree that the ion thing isn't really needed.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    There really is no good way to move a ship at your same speed.

Would something like an attachment beam work? Basically you somehow fire and activate a beam the holds a ship relative to you. As long as your thrusters can keep up and your power can hold out.

Then when you use the push beam its relative to you.

After writing this, I'm wondering if the stop beam just needs to be changed a little bit to create a tether.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Towing beams can be simulated when magnet blocks are introduced to the game. Those are already planned.