Totally money loss

Reaction score
    Hey guys.
    Today I had around 1,78 Billion Credits. Before some hours I got some hundret L5 ressources from a pirate. Now I wanted selling them. Shop says, that I will get around 600 Million. Okay, I clicked on sale. After selling the stuff my credits disn't increas. In contrast my money was going to 0!
    Thankfully I had some other stuff to sale so that I get a few million. -.-

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hi Nero,
    We are online now, but posting the answer here.

There is a mathematical/mechanic limit of the numbers at around 2140 000 000 000 or so, so going over 2 billion money is already risky. Once it goes over the calculable limit number, the numbers go crazy, down to negatives and such, but the games makes it to be min 0.

So your money is lost, indeed, and it will be lost whenever you get past the safe limit of 2 billion. As an advice, you can use L5 minerals to \"store\" your money, like, gold, and avoid going so high in money ^^ There is a plan to be able to store money in another way, but not currently available.

Have fun,
    -Mike

Reaction score
    Thanks for your answer. The money limit of 2147483647 is the size of a simple integer wich has 32bit (Java). To solve this problem I advise switching money variables to long type wich has 64 bit (9223372036854775807). I think long should be enough. XD
    Change money type from int to long should take only around not more than an hour (depending on sourcecode size ). And it would be nice to change the money display. For example:
    Instead of 2147483 short version like \"2.14 Mio\".
    Memo to myself: Store money as L5 materials until variable fix comes out. ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yup, that\'s how it is for now.This is still Alpha, so, not even Beta... just getting started ^^

And it already looks nice.

Something about 64 bits was mentioned for when generating the universe, so probably that\'s gonna come soon enough.

Reaction score
    I just wanted to give some tipps.^^
    I\'m curious about what\'s coming with the next updates. :D