Torpedo Weapons

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I thougt about big weapons in style as a ship. My idea is a torpedo, the player can build his own torpedo like a ship and only have to build the ramp and the torpedo schematic. you have to store all items for that torpedo.

the torpedo needs some a new core-block like a mix between core and ai modul. then you need explosive power and thrust.

you can build your torpedo like a turret and shoot it on your enemy. this weapon follows the enemy and is only stoppable if the core is hit. if the torpedo hit the vessel it deals huge amount of damage (dmg = count of explosive blocks)(speed = count of thrust blocks)

to shoot this torpedo you need a ramp that will fit the torpedo (linked to the weapon-computer and works like docking blocks-dimension), at the end of that you have to put the new weaponcomputer.

i hope everybody understand my idea, maybe you have trouble to read it, because my bad english grammar.

i hope there will be many suggestions about it :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    thats not the point, i know we have missiles in, i like the idea for a big weapon like a torpedo you can build as big as you want...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Already in the game.

1. Build a small ship with Dis-Integrater warhead
    2. Dock to mothership, set respawn point in mothership
    3. In combat switch to the \"torpedo\", undock, and ram the enemy
    4. Re-spawn inside your ship, rinse, wash, and repeat until finished
    5. Profit?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i was wondering how i could do that. but what if the mothership gets destroyed, or the undeathinator glitches out?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If mothership gets destroyed... just continue buying the torpedo ships and flying them into enemies.

Even though I see how player-made projectiles could be a fun thing to have, in practice they wouldn\'t be very efficient unless special physics are introduced to handle them.

Personally, I think that Missiles and AMC\'s are enough for this stage of the game. It\'s only Alpha. We have miserable pulse weapons but really, they need to be much bigger to have any effect on the game. We also need EMP weapons and the like. Rail guns?

So many things could be added. but Schema doesn\'t have the time to do trivial stuff like that. He is focusing on fixing bugs slowly adding important things (usually anyway). Buy the game to support his efforts ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They are unguided, do double the damage, they kind of fit the bill.I mean I use them as bombs, cannons and torpedoes for the time being. I\'ve done so on many builds.