Too much lag in build mode

Reaction score
    I am currently building a super weapon, and I have this horrific problem that has slowed the speed of the work to a crawl. Whenever I am in build mode, my framerate (which usually averages in the hundreds, even when looking at large masses of object) drops to 1, or worse, I crash. So far, after messing around a little, I have determined the cause to be the game attempting to generate purple cube frames around every single one of the individual blocks. There are 3 computers, each with 2 million blocks connected to them. Even though I can only see the surface of each grouping, I believe it is trying to generate the frames in the spaces BEHIND where i can see, and due to the shitton of blocks, this is lagging me to death.

No, it is not JUST the sheer number of blocks, as when I am in astronaut mode or flight mode, my frames return to normal.

So now, the question.

How do i disable the generation of these cube frames?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I don't think that's an option.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Do you mean that purple wire box that appears around selected module blocks ?

Have you re-binded your movement keys from WSAD to the up,down,left,right keys by any chance ?
    Because, each times you press up/down (or was it right/left?) keys when in build mode it will select all the module of an individual system. So that might have some kind of link ?
    I don't remember if there is a binding option to unbind the directional arrows from that function in the menu though..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I could swear there was a way in settings to turn off the selection boxes.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I could swear there was a way in settings to turn off the selection boxes.
    There is, one sec.

There used to be? I know there was a setting for it but I can't find it now.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Odd haven't had this issue but most of my lag in build mode comes from me trying to copy and paste a large section of an object.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Odd haven't had this issue but most of my lag in build mode comes from me trying to copy and paste a large section of an object.
    Turning of paste preview helps a lot with that.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Try deselecting the weapon computers. Place down all the weapon blocks you need and then link them all with shift-v, that way you'll only get crippling lag when linking them and can easily deselect the computer (just select an other random block).