Read by Schine Toll block

Reaction score
    Logic block that requires credits (or an amount of a chosen item) to operate.

Using it pops up a menu that asks you if you'll agree to the charges, or allows you to edit it if you're the owner.
    Edit options would include setting price, who's allowed to edit it, if your faction/allies/neutral is allowed to use it or gets a free pass, etc.

When properly paid for, it'd output a logic signal, letting you do fancy things with credits.

Could also possibly allow the creation of a 'key' metaitem that allows anyone to pass without paying.

Would most often be used to pay for warpgates, and also fancy logic shops, etc.

Jh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Make a club/theatre. Get people to pay to open the door and hang out there.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Would be quite cool. Imagine all the soda pop machines people will make!!!

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    A toll block with some other crap attached should be able to function as a Sector Toll block.

Someone enters the sector, they get a payment request, and if they don't pay, they get X seconds to leave before the station turns temporarily hostile.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I could make it into a troll block, by attaching it to a cannon that shoots you when you pay :D

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I see ship shops where you pay at the toll block and it undocks the ship you just bought.
    Or as a shop where you can buy huge amounts of something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    This would work nicely for servers that have taxi systems, where you would go to a station and pay for being warped to somewhere else. The spaceship shop would be kind of neat for people like me who sell off items for a living (I get the things that others do not know how to get or can not get).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This would work nicely for servers that have taxi systems, where you would go to a station and pay for being warped to somewhere else. The spaceship shop would be kind of neat for people like me who sell off items for a living (I get the things that others do not know how to get or can not get).
    I like the idea of having a shipyard where people could go and buy a pre-built ship. I've suggested similar things before.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This idea could be expanded to tie to refineries... Every tick, part of the refined materials gets transferred into another storage container as payment for using a base's public refinery.