To those doubting the power of Rail Turrets

Reaction score
    I see a lot of people mentioning that rail turrets are not that effective because you are not able to attach many blocks to the last part of it. (Sorry for the huge pics, was having issues with the upload thing)
    Here's a plain turret i made, many would say the thick barrels is a waste of possible weapon space.

But when you take a look underneath it...

Like with a tank, the weapon extends back into the turret, and is able to move freely in the space of the ship due to the open area below it.

Sure it's not pretty, but you can actually stuff a lot of stuff in there, and depending on the size of your ship and how much room you are willing to save for it, also the room inside the ship as well.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    However, you will still have to make a hole on the ship for the barrel part to move, though

Reaction score
    True, but seeing all the empty space people already leave in large ships, i'm sure they can make room :)
    Just a test anyway showing it's possible.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    However, you will still have to make a hole on the ship for the barrel part to move, though
    True, but seeing all the empty space people already leave in large ships, i'm sure they can make room :)
    Just a test anyway showing it's possible.
    Yeah there is still a lot of dead space which otherwise would be packed with systems, or interior compartments in my case.

Reaction score
    Personally i pack pretty much every inch of my ship with systems.
    Open space? Fill it with shields :D
    Still would be okay with losing a bit to make room for turrets, and they don't need to be big ones :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Very cool hope you will in the future maybe release some designs? If we are lucky maybe :) since i personally suc kat making good looking turret for some reason!