To Devs - Stuff I Like

Reaction score
    From the beginning I knew this game had some great potential, still no doubts about that, especially with the rapid development and fixes recently. Can\'t wait for more :)

Reaction score
    that this game is going to take a different direction than Space Engineer. Just looking at the announcement about the creature system being worked on, it would seem that it\'s becoming about more than just ship combat. Personally, I\'d rather play an open-ended space game where you can more or less do whatever the heck you want than a space battle simulator.

Constructive criticism is a good thing, though some here may have been a bit harsh. I think eventually ships will have to be balaced to optimize for an engaging combat experience. The trouble, as I see it, is you have different camps of people with different ideas of what makes for a fun time in combat. Some want to be like Luke in the Death Star trench, flying around like a fighter pilot, and others want to be Stan, captain of the most powerful weapon of destruction in the two universes (points if you ge the reference). It\'s really a difference of skill vs stuff, when you get right down to it. Ideally, both should be viable in the \"final\" balance of things, but reaching that exact point of balance is exceedingly hard when there are multiple factors to take into account and a near-infinite number of possible ship designs. Not to mention, the economy is unbalanced at the moment, so the stuff side of the equation is artificially made more powerful than it should be.

One thought I had was to perhaps open up more of the balancing factors to the config files for a certain period of time, and let people experiment with things like the damage formulas, hulls vs. shields, etc. Essentially, crowdsource the balancing and see if players can come to a near-consensus. Granted, it\'s difficult to read in mathematical formulas from a file and use them; it might be easier to have some sort of classloader for that.

That being said, I think all the major features should be implemented and debugged first, then most of the balancing should come later, like in beta (with the exception of anything totally game-breaking).