Titan [WIP]

Reaction score
    Ok so I could not log into Saturn and continue my ship the Ares

http://star-made.org/content/new-battlecruiser-wip

So I decided to start a new ship, the Titan

pictures for scale :D

Reaction score
    it is funny when you get over a certain amount of missiles the game cannot track them anymore so they start to slip trough the armor and explode inside the armor and behind it.

Every stripe is 10 blocks wide, so there 70 blocks of hull.

the front is not damaged very badly

but if you luck inside the hull block you can see this :D

pretty much the whole length of the block is vaporized from the inside.

if you think about it, this could be a feature and not a bug :D teleportmissiles

Reaction score
    ok so as Mason demanded I revisited the AMC cannon collective. The AMC have now

blocks 299700 in 74 groups

DPS 1.234.918

Power Usage 2.517.480

that leaves me with a reasonable 300k Power per second recharge for the Thrusters and the Power Tanks with

power capacity.

And platinum what do you mean is it not big enough for a Titan? It is now around 573.012 Mass and will go up significantly since this is only the core of the ship. But we will see :D

Reaction score
    ok last pictures for today

here the hangar from close up and for scale the whole ship.

Reaction score
    But you can never have enough dakka.

For example, having 50 turrets should be enough to deter pirates.

Reaction score
    have you seen the Ares? :D

All my ships are build like her. So you can safely assume that this ship will be covered in turrets as well. I will just have to build a new heavy turret because the biggest turret of the Ares is just a medium turret. I think of something with somewhere around 2 km range and enough damage to bring down heavy shields.

Apropos shields the Titan has 18.2 million shields for now :D

Edit.

Ok you have seen the Ares you were the first to post to her

Reaction score
    Ok the work on the Titan has to be stopped until the next patch comes out. My old universe could not be opened anymore so I made a new one and even a fresh universe collapses when I try to load the Titan -.-

Reaction score
    Update

ok since I could not build on the ship I have build a heavy turret for it so here I present to you the quadruple long range heavy anti capital turret :D

the stats are

DPS 550k with four AMC arrays with 2500m Range

shields 439.270

length 109m

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That ship looks like a lot of spam. You can\'t just slap a bunch of 10x10x10 cubes of shields, weapons and engines on a frame and call it a Titan.

The merit of building big ships like these is the effort you put into them. Granted, you have put effort into this, but the results speak for themselves, as you have obviously not put near as much effort as other players are doing with their titan sized ships. Constructively speaking, the overall quality of the ship\'s build is rather poor, and you can do much better than this. I guarantee that if you matched up that ship against an equally sized ship with a complex interior and reactor design (an actual reactor design, not a bunch of 10x10x10 spam cubes of power blocks), this wouldn\'t stand much of a chance in actual combat.

I suppose you could simply also dismiss this and say \"It\'s not done!\" but that\'s not going to change the reality that your ship\'s design needs MAJOR improvement, and an amount improvement that it will probably not get unless you simply start over (don\'t do that, I still encourage you to finish this ship and learn from this)

I don\'t mean to hurt your feelings with this post, I just think it\'s important someone is completely honest with you.

Reaction score
    first does the word work in progress mean anything to you? that is pretty much the work of one day and only meant to give the shape of the ship. it is far from finished and the way you talk I can only assume you don\'t know anything about the game. You do know that once you hit the one million energy recharge you do not get the bonus from the shapes from the energy blocks? And that shields do not have any such bonuses?

The ship has a proper power grit inside that uses the bonus I get from the blocks placement, but when I have reached one million regen to continue to do so would be stupid. Instead I place them like shield blocks everywhere so each one gives 25 regen. The ship has your \"complex reactor design\" you are speaking of, you just saw the outer layers of power blocks thought of your ships, which apparently never got over the one million regen per second, otherwise you would know this, and thought hah he does not know what he is doing when in reality, being completely honest with you, you made a foul out of yourself.

second I can build my ship the way I want to. If this would be only the hull with no interior and just the hull with turrets that would still be my choice. Some of the most beautiful ships have no interior. And just for your information there is enough room inside this unfinished hull to park a ship with one million regen inside. So there is more than enough room to put interior.

And third without being arrogant here have you taken a lock a the other ship I am building? You know the one I gave a link in second line? I can give you the link again here:

http://star-made.org/content/new-battlecruiser-wip

granted this one is not finished either, the reason I have also described above, but you can see the interior. Hallways to every turret, hangars, a bridge, multiple observation decks and multiple rooms which are still to be filled. Building the interior is not my best point, but there is enough there so that one can get pretty pissed about someone with no clue like yourself saying ones ships are \"spam\".

Sorry for the rant

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Please calm down. I\'m only here to help you. Your ship has serious flaws that needed to be pointed out, which is as I did. I\'m not here to waste my time arguing. Again, I\'m trying to help.

There are curves on shield regen whereby you get lots of regeneration per-block which exponentially decreases as the shield block count increases.

Not to glare you in the eye, but I\'ve been playing this game twice as long as you have. So, i\'m not really sure how your accusations that I don\'t play the game enough or that I don\'t know what I\'m talking about work.

I say the power regeneration is going to be poor compared to other \"Titans\" because you did not bother to use mounted batteries. Did you know you can dock ships made solely for power to your ship, use powerdrain beams on them, and get the equivalent amount of energy compared to using ten times as much space for ship-mounted power blocks?

Using solid power blocks is far less efficient. My Kushan Mothership is much smaller than your titan and easily gets 32 million power regeneration thanks to its array of compact, internally-docked batteries (I\'m not boasting about my ship, just giving an example). If you\'d like to know how to use mounted batteries to give your ship better power, I\'d be glad to show you everything I know.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The power usage on your AMCs (2,517,480) Is per volley, not e/sec.

Just though I\'d let you know.

Reaction score
    now that is a useful information, thank you I assumed that this was the way it is.

But before the ship became a gamebreaker I changed the AMC anyway. If I remember correctly the AMC array is now somewhere around 1,6 million DMG/sec and 4,5 million energy usage. And I updated the power recharge and storage systems. As far as I could tell the energy bar did not go down while firing, if this is because there is enough energy regeneration or just a crazy amount in the batteries I don\'t know.

Reaction score
    then why did you not say so? the way you spoke did in no way indicate that you spoke of internal power batteries. I have seen them already but did not thought of putting them in. So in this way I could up the power regen of the ship. I am not home for several days so and the ship cannot be loaded anyway so I will see if I put them on then.

And another thing the ship is called The Titan, I have on no point said that I claimed it to be one. I have to give in that I did not minded people calling it that, but see it as a big ship I like building them. But since anybody can call his ship any class he likes it is not really useful anyway.

So if you had pointed that point with your batteries out and maybe did not point blank insult somebody´s ship I would not have exploded.

So thanks for that Info I will see if I can use this later.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So if you had pointed that point with your batteries out and maybe did not point blank insult somebody´s ship I would not have exploded.

My posts are purely constructive criticism. If I was here to insult your ship, I would not have pointed out the obvious problems with it, but simply say nasty things about it and then abruptly leave. If you think my post is really hurtful, I can tell you there are much much worse things people could probably say about your ship. There is a profound difference between criticizing for the purpose of helping you do better, and beating you down for what you have built.

While it is a rather redundant phrase to use, you are going to have to toughen up. Not every negative thing people say about your ship is a personal attack against you.

I call your ship a titan because that\'s what it is. It\'s enourmous. Not specifically labeling it as a class or clothing size of sorts. But it is very large.

I\'m figuring you could use a good battery schematic to help your ship with, so I thought i\'d provide you with a sample battery I built for my Kushan Mothership. It\'s got 1.005 million regen, is self-shielded, has its own engines, and sufficient tankage for an excellent charge.

https://www.mediafire.com/?rxtc4upn0nm8gdj

Reaction score
    your blueprint does not work with the current game it is modified.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Before you start the game, go into your server settings config file (should be a config format, open with notepad), and go to the setting for deleting modified blueprints, and set it to false.