Timing Out

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    First:

Thanks for the cool game, enjoying the journey as it develops.

Issue:

I cannot see a reason why the site times out the user and makes him/her log back in. This is not a bank, does not have encrypted data, and I can see no need to re-log every 15 minutes or so. As a user from OCONUS, I have trouble enough getting onto the fora/forums.

Please get rid of the timeout limit, or at least up it to something more reasonable - 12 hours or so. That will allow players to play the game, while going back and forth to the site to look for answers/advice without the repeated logging.

Cheers!

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It is quite annoying, especially if you are using the pop-out chat. You'd suddenly be logged out mid-conversations sometimes, in the sense you could still see chat, but cant speak.

Just throwing that out there.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I've never experienced the issue myself, timeout for me only occurs after at least 16 hours of inactivity.

The only constant I have found, is that slower internet connections will timeout ridiculously fast.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've never experienced the issue myself, timeout for me only occurs after at least 16 hours of inactivity.

The only constant I have found, is that slower internet connections will timeout ridiculously fast.
    MY internet ping is between 10-30 for most websites and games. This is still an issue for me :/

I'm using google chrome and Firefox (One or the other, depending on my mood) and I am guaranteed to have to click "log-in" again within 10 minutes. I've encountered logging in, moving to the forums tab, then getting immediately logged out again.

It's become quite annoying :/

To be clear, I'm still logged into the registry, that hasn't timed out for me in almost a month now, but this site itself keeps disconnecting from it.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I am constantly timing out, at least once an hour. It is quite frustrating, given the only way I have found to actually log in requires clicking several times to go through a handful of pages. If there is a clear 'click this to log in button' somewhere, I have not found it. I too very much wish the system could simply remember me and automatically log me back in when it detects activity.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've gotten auto-logged out after less than 2 hours of inactivity.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I've gotten auto-logged out after less than 2 hours of inactivity.
    Same and to make matters worse to logging in throws you back to the news page away from whatever you happened to be reading.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This is a huge issue. Many posts will never be seen or reproduced and have been lost to the net for eternity, and that's from me alone. Please simply set up stay logged in with cookies or another similar method. It is inconsistent as well, I've been dropped mid convo in chat, and after an hour while getting groceries in the middle of a long post.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is a huge issue. Many posts will never be seen or reproduced and have been lost to the net for eternity, and that's from me alone.
    I solved that by opening another tab to the home menu and then logging back in, however, we shouldn't have to do that....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I had thought as one responder stated, that this was an issue when logging in from overseas. However, I am back in the US for the holidays, and am having the same problem, with the same frequency, as I did in China - random logouts from 5 minutes to 2 hours of use.

Does the webmaster actually read this forum? If so, a response with a reason why this site has to maintain bank-level login security would be appreciated.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Does the webmaster actually read this forum? If so, a response with a reason why this site has to maintain bank-level login security would be appreciated.

There is your webmaster response pretty much. Duke is more or less the one who looks over the site, though I think Wedtm is the one who does the technical stuff?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Duke, an indicator that you are the responsible party, de facto or otherwise, for troubleshooting the issues with the website would have let me and others know that it being worked on. Your reply in DEC makes no mention that you or others involved in the site are working on it, just that you experienced it as well.

Clarity in communication goes a long way. A number of others are experiencing the same issue, and it is interfering in the user experience. I would think this would be an area of concern. It is for me in my business.

Thanks, Cyber, for pointing this out. I'm clear now, and hope for some changes to fix this issue soon.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Duke, an indicator that you are the responsible party, de facto or otherwise, for troubleshooting the issues with the website would have let me and others know that it being worked on. Your reply in DEC makes no mention that you or others involved in the site are working on it, just that you experienced it as well.
    I agree with this. My reply was to purely add further information to help with troubleshooting, I did report the issue, I should have made that clear. I don't actually manage issues with the site (officially). I do however try to fix it if I can, and give the nudge if an issue has not been seen.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Lidren
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I agree with this. My reply was to purely add further information to help with troubleshooting, I did report the issue, I should have made that clear. I don't actually manage issues with the site (officially). I do however try to fix it if I can, and give the nudge if an issue has not been seen.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Good to know, appreciate the clarification. Hope this gets resolved, as the forum is unusable overseas, and marginal (at times) now while back in Savannah.