Time zones on planets.

Reaction score
    When I move across my planets of adventurous adventures naming new continents and countries setting up warring nations and other great endeavours. Time seems to be the same everywhere, No matter were you are its the same time. Its impossible to save your Hawthorne creationist when they no what you no at the same time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    u freakin' w0t m8

cant understand you bro.

did you smoke something?

also what did you do to hank hill calbiri?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    planets rotate without orbiting which means there is a good chance you were traveling in the same direction as the spin and perpetually in the day light. next time stand still on the same face and you'll see that the sun and stars do move unless you've disabled that option in the server settings configuration file.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can I just say that Nautlius' profile picture is very inappropriate? Why does nobody ban him? You could see his picture could as an insult to Calbiri.

And I am being deadly serious right now.

Edit: Well, at least he should have to change his profile picture and be given a warning or something. Banning might be a bit extreme but his profile picture is very confusing. Especially the small picture you see in the thread list. I seriously thought that Calbiri had posted this thread when I clicked on it for the first time. The devs have their own peofile picture style, I don't think anyone else should be allowed to use that style.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The thread is slightly less trolly yet at the same time he changed his avatar which increases every posts trollishness.

This must be a game to him.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The sun helps tells you what time it is.

*closes this thread with imaginary close button*

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can I just say that Nautlius' profile picture is very inappropriate? Why does nobody ban him? You could see his picture could be seen as an insult to Calbiri.

This has to be the dumbest thing I have read all day. There are no rules saying you can't use a profile picture that somebody else is using; he even took the courtesy to modify the image too, so people wouldn't get him confused with Cal. Regardless, operating on a could is foolish when you can operate on a know.
    How is the picture even remotely offensive? He didn't vandalize Calbiri's picture. If anything, he just gave it a different style and personality. It looks like a cool biker-dude version of Cal now.

I could take your picture and put sunglasses on it. Are you going to tell me that somehow offends you on a deep level and makes you crave for me to be banned?

It sounds more like you're deliberately interpreting it as an insult in an attempt to get him banned.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Some things I know:
    • I thought he was Calbiri before when I clicked on this thread.
    • I know I find his picture very misleading.
    • I know I don't like that he has a changed version of Cal's profile picture.
    • I know that I always easily recognise a dev by their profile picture.
    And I would normally not mind something like this, I would most likely even think 'Oh well, do what you got to do' and laugh about the change to the profile picture. But considering this isn't the first strange thing he's done, I personally think that he either is barely in this world due to some narcotic, or he doesn't have the best of intentions with this.
    And since it is very unlikely that someone would be so drunk/whatever that he/she would talk nonsense and still be able to type, I'd say it is the last option.

Or he just thinks he's funny while he's really, really not (at least that's my opinion).

Oh, and I personally don't really like banning: I find it a bit extreme. Which is why I also edited my post, which for some reason you didn't quote:
    Edit: Well, at least he should have to change his profile picture and be given a warning or something. Banning might be a bit extreme but his profile picture is very confusing. Especially the small picture you see in the thread list. I seriously thought that Calbiri had posted this thread when I clicked on it for the first time. The devs have their own peofile picture style, I don't think anyone else should be allowed to use that style.
    Edit: Oh, and I honestly don't know why I typed this. I could have done it to get my point across, I could have done it because I didn't like your reply, I don't know.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Trolls are trolls. They only win when you give them the ability to win. (AKA feed them)

Reaction score
    I must say when this community that I am now so fond of did not give me (yes I Captain Nautilus) a good thumbs up for becoming a member I decided I could add some spice to a picture that everyone likes (give it personality) because no-one liked my previous/current picture. Also thanks for the normal reply s I now know how to tell time but I would still rather a clock in the helmet.

PS good day to you sirs/sir'ets (female sir).

PPS- Threaten me again, Thats all I'll say on that matter. It says NOTHING about using someone else's profile picture and adding spice (Sun Glasses, sideburns and biker features).

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can I just say that Nautlius' profile picture is very inappropriate? Why does nobody ban him? You could see his picture could as an insult to Calbiri.

Some things I know:
    And I would normally not mind something like this, I would most likely even think 'Oh well, do what you got to do' and laugh about the change to the profile picture. But considering this isn't the first strange thing he's done, I personally think that he either is barely in this world due to some narcotic, or he doesn't have the best of intentions with this.
    And since it is very unlikely that someone would be so drunk/whatever that he/she would talk nonsense and still be able to type, I'd say it is the last option.

Or he just thinks he's funny while he's really, really not (at least that's my opinion).

Oh, and I personally don't really like banning: I find it a bit extreme. Which is why I also edited my post, which for some reason you didn't quote:

Edit: Oh, and I honestly don't know why I typed this. I could have done it to get my point across, I could have done it because I didn't like your reply, I don't know.
    Please stop making a fool of yourself. This is plain ridiculous. Just stop. There is no reason for this.

I must say when this community that I am now so fond of did not give me (yes I Captain Nautilus) a good thumbs up for becoming a member I decided I could add some spice to a picture that everyone likes (give it personality) because no-one liked my previous/current picture. Also thanks for the normal reply s I now know how to tell time but I would still rather a clock in the helmet.

PS good day to you sirs/sir'ets (female sir).

PPS- Threaten me again, Thats all I'll say on that matter. It says NOTHING about using someone else's profile picture and adding spice (Sun Glasses, sideburns and biker features).
    You should put your previous picture back and yell "IN YOUR FACE" to people being trolls/bullies. The picture was in no way objectionable in any rational way, and did not violate any rules. If people are getting you confused with Calbiri, maybe you should make the mustache bushier, or maybe some people need glasses. :p

Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Some things I know:
    Your fault for not paying attention to what you read and see.

Misleading? It's clearly different from Calbiri's in several different ways. The eyes are not visible, the glasses are pure blue, he has a speck on the tooth area, the hair has highlights in it, he has a modified beard, etc etc.

Wow. And that somehow factors into you wanting him banned, I take it? You sound like one of those big tough guys that walks up to people and goes "hey, is there a problem here?".

...Which he clearly is not, because his profile picture is quite visibly different.

But considering this isn't the first strange thing he's done, I personally think that he either is barely in this world due to some narcotic, or he doesn't have the best of intentions with this.
    Gee, I was about to say, I sometimes wonder the same thing about you considering the nonsense you sometimes post.

Regardless, clearly nobody is actually drunk here. I've seen drunk forum posting before; it's hilarious and tends to either be complete jibberish or english words typed with very butchered grammar.

Don't bother trying to backpedal yourself and deny your intentions; you wanted him banned. You obviously do like banning, but as soon as you realized your comment wasn't going to go over well with other people, you tried to cover yourself by publicly detracting your previous statements. That's why I didn't quote it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I think the issue of day/nighttime is superseded in importance by the need to correct the atmospheric shaders and their ranges for planet atmospheres. Currently, when you hover just a little way's above the surface of a planet, you don't even recieve any kind of coloring; you have to be way low on the ground now on the low dodecahedron planets to even get the hope of seeing some beautiful blue sky. I don't like that. We should hope for that to get fixed first, so that day/night is much more noticeable.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Nautlius, while the active members argue with each other allow me to attempt to address your observation in the best way that I know how (I'm somewhat new to StarMade so I'm by no means an expert). I think I get what you were trying to say in your original post, but if not then hopefully this will prove enlightening anyway. What people are saying here is true - the planets DO rotate on their axis and the sun DOES move across the sky if you stay on one plate. This, however, does not constitute a day/night cycle all by itself. I had a similar thought the first time I stepped foot on a planet. It FEELS like you're still in space and the sun being in the sky isn't enough to change that. As I understand it at one time (earlier this year I think) the planets in StarMade were composed of a single flat plate instead of the 12-sided (I've never counted them, but it's 12 I think) ones we have now. The atmosphere shaders that we have now were most likely written for those flat planets and have not been updated yet (the surface of these new planets is much higher elevation than what would have been the surface on the old planets). This results in the sky essentially being non-existent and gives you the feel of permanent night. Another thing that I have determined adds to this effect is the complete lack of ambient light on the planet surface. On Earth the moisture in the sky and the clouds refract the suns directional light and give us a more ambient light during the day. Since there is virtually no ambient light in StarMade this makes it lit more like the surface of the moon (shadows are pitch black). I don't know what their plans are for the planets, but I'm sure they will fix the atmosphere thing when they get to that. My eventual hope is that they might look like this someday:

Yes that's an actual screenshot - no Photoshop here. All I did is turn the ambient lighting up and change the opacity of the atmosphere...oh and my planets are huge because I turned the size way up in the config file. Sometimes little things like that can change the whole experience. I hope that this basis of comparison helps at least a little.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score

Seriously, @Planr and @FunnyBunny14 , quit fighting. Bunny has a point but at the same time a ban is extreme. But Jesus guys? Chill bro.

Nobody hates you profile picture Naut. You keep your woody the TES Oblivion Captain profile pic, you go girl. (Sassy finger snap) It's just on some forums stealing a mod's identity is a bad thing and a bannable offence. Also, he looks like a white CJ from GTA. Keep captain Woody, that's my 'fishul suggest'n pardner.

I imagine an anime character and a bunny fighting and I think its funny.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    *makes note to self: stop fighting*
    I think Nautilus did have a point about time zones. But the problem isn't necessarily the time zones, it's that day is way too dark and night is still too light. It also doesn't help that the lighting is bugged (remove one block and you'll see darkness, literally).

So if the lighting and the atmosphere get fixed, we will no longer need the time zones.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Planets are the most debatable topic here in Starmade.

It's been stated that they will be fixed soon however more important things need to be implemented now.

Reactions: Kaelani Revyruun