Tilting a station....

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, you have read it correctly, tilting a station....

What happened: me casualy plaing on a server (Europeuniverse), docking my 60k ship, leaving the core only to discover that the ship is slightly tilted downwards. Wtf i thought, entered a simple core only ship, pressed C and oh my god, the whole station is tilted downwards ( it was normal before i jumped ot of sector).

My problem is the following, admin is almost never seen online (tho he restarts the server when needed etc.) so i had an amazing idea of trying to use the lag storm and try to tilt it the normal way ( ramming the ship in between the docking branches and pressing c than v and repeat)...... and now it is rotated 90 degrees to the left.

Is there any way of returning it to normal state without BPing everything, making a cargo ship and building a new station?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    wut the fuck...
    stations cant tilt no matter how much you ram them...

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I want to see pictures. (F6) Do you make stations starting with ship cores to keep it cheap?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Comr4de and I saw a titled station on EE also, unless the alignment action was messed up somehow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You asked for pics, you got pics

starmade-screenshot-0032.jpg

starmade-screenshot-0033.jpg

and one next to a "compas", lights are N - S
    starmade-screenshot-0035.jpg

P. S. Yes, i know that my turrets are ugly and that the ship is all grey, the turrets are placeholders and the grey is only for the general shape....

[DOUBLEPOST=1429299538,1429299300][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I want to see pictures. (F6) Do you make stations starting with ship cores to keep it cheap?
    it was made from a modified BP of a comunity station, i cant seem to recall the good persons name that made the original....

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    So the problem stems from Stations spawned from Blueprints? I remember a time when ships didn't always spawn facing exactly North, maybe the same kind of things is happening here?

That said, I kinda like the idea of being able to rotate stations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    When the faction leader spawned it, it was facing the galactic north and it was centered, today i was testing my turrets on a nearby pirate station and when i jumped back to home sector it was having ONLY the current downwards tilt, after my attempts to solve this buy ramming the station and casuing lag, hoping to mess with the server and removing the "imobile" atribute of stations IT GAINED the current stati which is pointing to the left (to that nearby shop). Lag is a powerfull tool....

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yes, you have read it correctly, tilting a station....

What happened: me casualy plaing on a server (Europeuniverse), docking my 60k ship, leaving the core only to discover that the ship is slightly tilted downwards. Wtf i thought, entered a simple core only ship, pressed C and oh my god, the whole station is tilted downwards ( it was normal before i jumped ot of sector).

My problem is the following, admin is almost never seen online (tho he restarts the server when needed etc.) so i had an amazing idea of trying to use the lag storm and try to tilt it the normal way ( ramming the ship in between the docking branches and pressing c than v and repeat)...... and now it is rotated 90 degrees to the left.

Is there any way of returning it to normal state without BPing everything, making a cargo ship and building a new station?
    Afaik stations are always rotated 90 degrees to the left. That's their default orientation (don't ask me why, I have no idea).

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    station spawned via blueprints behave like ships spawning. That means if the player who spawns it is in a ship, it will match that ships rotation. Always spawn stations from outside of a ship core.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am sory but did you not read what i have written, ok let me repeat.
    This hapepned today, the station was fine for 3 weeks, and it pointed away from the spawn.
    It was properly spawned from "astronaut" mode.....

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Sorry, I was actually replying to Comr4de and BDLS, forgot to quote. I have no idea what happened for you.