Tier blocks

Reaction score
    I've read through the threads and I don't think that this exists yet, but if it does, feel free to remove this thread.

So, I am sure that many people has the problem whith not having enough power on their ships to fire those massive cannons, and it can sometimes be really annoying to fit enough shields on your massive ship.

My idea: Having blocks such as shields, power generators, and power tanks, to have different tiers.

For example, if you have a tier two power generator, it will produce double the amount of power, or maybe just one third more or something, than a tier one power generator. But it would also cost double the amount of a normal power generators.

Same goes for shields, the higher the tier, the more shield units it can produce, but it will also consume more power.

For the power tanks, well, the higher the tier is, the more power it can store.

I was thinking that maybe even thrusters could have different tiers, whith different acceleration and power consumtion.

I don't think that wapons should have different tiers, as it would remove the need for massive epic cannons, massive epic cannons is something that I, personally, quite enjoy.

Tell me what you think about this, I honestly think that it would help out a lot.

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I believe that the game will do just fine with 0 tiers, the current system in which better design and larger quantity means more of that stat is fine imo. Want more shields? Make your ship bigger. Want more power? ...and so on. If you do not want to enlarge your vessel, then you should simply have to balance and tweak until systems with dimension bonuses (Thrust, power) are optimal, and add whatever else you can. I think ship design should be a game of compromises until a balance you prefer is reached.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Brilliant idea! But, whats really the point? If you want more of something, make it bigger. Though it would save a lot of space.

Reaction score
    i disagree with a previous comment, i loike this idea;

================================

No thank you.

I believe that the game will do just fine with 0 tiers, the current system in which better design and larger quantity means more of that stat is fine imo. Want more shields? Make your ship bigger. Want more power? ...and so on. If you do not want to enlarge your vessel, then you should simply have to balance and tweak until systems with dimension bonuses (Thrust, power) are optimal, and add whatever else you can. I think ship design should be a game of compromises until a balance you prefer is reached.

================================

you would still keep the designing aspect of cores and such, you\'d just have more efficient systems, and balance wise it doesnt really matter since if people gget their hands on it they will automatically improve their fighters and such to have higher shields.

it just makes the game more interesting imho so +1 from me, but only after a decent factory/crafting system is in place so you actually need to put some effort in to get tier 2+ stuff.

Reaction score
    Not to be rude but think about it. There wouldn\'t be much point of tier 1 blocks If I built a small fighter lets say 30 mass, and I want it to have a lot of firepower. Naturally I put the weapons on the side to make room for power and shields. In this case lets say I have maybe 20 blocks total in power. If the tier 2 blocks existed I can have only 10 blocks. Much more efficient. However, what do I do with the tier 1 power blocks?

The ONLY way I can see this being balanced is if you have to use a factory system to make higher tier blocks. It has to be sorta costly though.

Reaction score
    I like the current system of everyone having the same blocks to play around with because it encourages good ship design.

You need to work around the limitations the current blocks provide to keep weight down and still having enough power for all the extras you want.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Tier blocks wouldn\'t be a good idea. This game\'s main focus is ship design, your weapons power is based on how well it\'s designed. If you add in tier blocks you shift the focus from designing a good ship to grinding cash to be able to afford the best tier.