TIE Interceptor

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I decided to attempt construction of a to-scale TIE Interceptor - assuming that 1 block = 1 meter, and going off wookiepedia for the length, which is apparently 9.6 meters.

The guns and power generation are exposed (because no room for hull over them), and it has no shields...which is actually accurate for it.

To make it even vaguely manuverable, I had to put more engines on the back than I would like... makes the ball cockpit (now isn't THAT a terrible combination, think of the jokes the poor TIE pilots must have endured) a bit elongated for my taste. Oh god that was terrible.

Anywas, it has 4 9-block AMC guns linked to one weapons computer.

Even with the extra engine blocks, the mass is 21.5 and thrust is 20.8, so it accelerates slightly slow - OTOH, it is relatively maunverable once it hits speed, likely due to the low mass.

Anyways!

Edit: Update with download link (since I just recently figured out how to do that upload thing): http://star-made.org/node/10230

Pictures:

Front view:

Angle view of side/front:

Rear view:

Closeup of cockpit - note that to access the ship core, you must either remove the glass block in the center of the cockpit window, or the gray block above the core - no room for a door on this thing:

A shot of me attacking my "Space Target" ship (yeah, I know, really orginal there):

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A basic TIE would be much easier - straight wings.

May have to give that a try later...

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Any wedge shaped block can be rotated by hovering the cursor over it and hitting R.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I made a TIE Fighter.... It\'s a simple, Cheap and somewhat effective ship... Place them on AI around a base or something and they\'ll protect it lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had thought of a plexdoor, but I think the \"invisibile activate area\" for that would still block the core...might have to make a slight modification to this thing...