Thrusters that turn possible?

Reaction score
    hi,
    Yesterday I was watching the starmade patch video about rails from a few months ago where it was possible to create a turret that had multiple axises.

I'm working on a larger ship right now and have some straight line thrusters that I plan to have providing most of the forward momentum. However, I really like the idea of having something where if I have the ship roll or turn, dive or lift, have a separate set of thrusters that pivot according to which direction the ship is turning. This of course is all aesthetic but at the same time it would be really really cool

Is this even possible right now?

Is it a future possibility ?

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    Its not possible right now, but thrust mechanics will be getting a revision. The devs haven't spoken about it much so that leads me to believe it's still very much in planning. I have my own ideas that ill most likely post soon in the suggestion forum soon so we can discuss this more.

Reaction score
    It's going to be somewhat obsolete when thrust gets finally reworked, but you can use docked weapons with push or pull slave as an alternate way to accelerate or steer your ship.

Edit: Also it's a bit tricky, with momentum physics and such.

Last edited:

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    It's going to be somewhat obsolete when thrust gets finally reworked, but you can use docked weapons with push or pull slave as an alternate way to accelerate or steer your ship.

Edit: Also it's a bit tricky, with momentum physics and such.
    You sir! yes you the genius, That gif you posted is brilliant probably going to result in exploding space shurikens somewhere down the line.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well, it is possible, but highly inefficient. I achieved working rotatable engines with my Serenity Firefly Light Transport Class. 15764_c1c2af4f15a7c897aedbe20893cedb82.jpeg

it basically works by aiming a beam+cannon+pull weapon mounted on a turret and firing at the mother ship. How I got it to work here, is depending on which way you have the engines pointed a plex door block, which is part of the mother-ship, will activate (become visible) inside the engine so that the pull beam can fire at it. while the engines are off or rotating all plex door blocks remain inactive (invisible).

Go ahead and download the ship and play around with it, and dissect it. I know i'm not good at explaining things, but if you have any questions feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to answer.

Good luck :)

Reaction score
    You can make inner ship remotes and make your ship have "fast", "Hover", or "Brake" modes. I don't think there is a way for logic to recognize you are accelerating/decelerating/turning, but it would be so cool to see a huge ship suddenly turn some of it's thrusters up to turn around or sideways.