Thruster special effect

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For large ships with circular thrusters. You can add a special effect logic enabled so you can leave it running.

Setup round circle thruster. My example is 11 radius for the walls plus center core and it looks a little to big though. Back light the thruster. The deeper the thruster is the more the lighted colour brightens towards the centre. then setup 4 pulse/cannon/effect/light systems. a pulse with 100% cannon slave has a cycle time of 2 seconds each so with 4 systems you can cycle them every 0.5 second. Setup a switch activator for a 1second clock with two extra timer delays hanging off the output. Link one set pulse/cannon/effect/light to each separate timer. This results in the pulses being activated in sequence with 2 seconds between repeats and 0.5 seconds between each on. The pulse units stack up behind each other in the centre of the thruster. I was using white for the nozzle.

You can use various effects I use push as I don't want to kill my self if I'm doing something back there.

And this is the result. enginesfxtest.gif

The white block in the middle is a beacon to provide extra area glow which I can't seem to see, so I will probably end up removing it. When I'm looking at it ingame at my normal game resolution it looks a couple meters bigger in radius.

Logic
    enginesfxtest.png

To use a blue to enable engine connect your actuator switch to a NOT (both not shown in picture) If you want to use a blue to disable engine just connect your actuator to the OR.

For the rest, connect that to the OR switch, connect the OR to the NOT, connect the NOT to the 1st Delay, Connect the 1st Delay to the 2nd Delay, Connect the 2nd Delay back to the OR. You now have a 1 second clock. Additionally connect the 2nd Delay to the 3rd Delay and the 3rd Delay to the 4th Delay. Then connect each Delay to a pulse computer. Then your done logic wise.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Krazykat

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    This is a good idea, I might not use it specifically but it has got me thinking about putting plex beacons in large ship thrusters in order to create an engine glare effect.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've always used beacons in my engines for that glare, but never thought of the pulse effect, this looks awesome. Thank you!