thrust/mass ratio

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    can you guys give me advices on thrust mass ratios for big or even small ships?

Reaction score
    I'm curious myself. everyone always seems to go for a 2:1 ratio so thats usually what I try to acheive

Reaction score
    Depends on your ship size, the larger the ship the higher a percentage of thrusters you need to maintain the same ratio.
    10% thrusters seems a good amount generally, or at least a good starting point. This will give you about 2:1 on a 400 mass corvette, and about 1.2:1 on a 20k mass battleship.
    Personally anything below 1.5:1 seems sluggish to me, but then I favor smaller more maneuverable ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    do someone have the thrust related to the mass formula? the one on the wiki is just to calculate the thrust depending on the modules

Reaction score
    do someone have the thrust related to the mass formula? the one on the wiki is just to calculate the thrust depending on the modules
    ???
    Thrust to mass is exactly that, thrust/mass.
    If you have 1000 thrust and 100 mass you have 10:1, 500 mass 2:1. It's that simple.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I usually try to balance my ships at a 1:1 ratio, unless I am trying to achieve speeds faster than 50 m/s (or whatever the server cap is) with overdrive. If acceleration isn't terribly important, I might even have fewer thrusters than the 1:1, as long as I can still reach the cap.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    what will you do on a different server?
    Where the Blockbehaviorconfig is changed?
    You can never say you need 2:1 ratio or whatever.
    On many servers you need more thrust for more mass, like...
    2:1 for a 50 mass Ship
    200:1 on a 500 mass Ship
    2000:1 on a 5000 and so on

With that its not possible to get a Ship moved with more than a limit of mass.
    Or you have to fill all of the interior with thruters to get it accelerated as fast as a Fighter.
    But that wouldnt make any sense at all would it?

Just use an other blockbehaviorconfig and this all changed