thrust and block placement.

Reaction score
    do the thrusters need to be on the outside of a build or just in the back of a ship. So if you place thrusters on the back and then ligthed bricks to make it look like bigger engines.. is it still the same effect. ? or does placing them underneath a brick negate the usefulness of them?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    they work no matter where you place them
    To go into more detail, thruster blocks can be completely covered by other blocks and still add to the thrust rating for the ship. Lots of flexibility there. A lot of people will cover up their engines with lava blocks (or lights, or crystals, etc.), so that the lava looks like the engine output, leaving no thruster block exposed, and those ships run like the wind.

Reaction score
    thank you. I forgot to "watch" this thread.. I think that should happen by default if you post. :(

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Thrusters work anywhere. I tend to think of them as more like engines than thrust rockets; you can even throw them in the front of your ship and put a hood on them.

Actually since they're probably the most vital component of most ships after core and energy (once your engines are down you're a sitting duck unless you have functioning warp that won't take any damage until you're away), I tend to protect them in the interior of ships and just slap a decorative "thruster" on the side or rear for looks and fill it with other secondary components.