Thoughts on sector size?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I honestly don't trust the wiki as far as I can throw it (and it being a non-physical entity makes that very difficult indeed).
    A common joke in the office is "I hate our code so bad I want to print it all out so I can light it on fire!"

If 2k is the default, then I agree that 20k is probably too big. 10k might be a better starting point.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A common joke in the office is "I hate our code so bad I want to print it all out so I can light it on fire!"
    Around here its "Our code is so bad, we're nice to the IT guy so that when he finally quits he WILL wipe the database!".

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Default sector size is definitely not 2km. Just booted up my Vanilla install and it seems to be roughly 5km. 2 is very low.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    So just to report back, we set it to 8 km. Sectors feel huge now. Jump Drives and Overdrives are actually in use now, previously they were mostly untouched.

I think that going larger than 8 km would be very fun, however it would make the early game extremely difficult and grindy until you get set up enough to have viable jump ships or warpgates.

Reaction score
    So just to report back, we set it to 8 km. Sectors feel huge now. Jump Drives and Overdrives are actually in use now, previously they were mostly untouched.

I think that going larger than 8 km would be very fun, however it would make the early game extremely difficult and grindy until you get set up enough to have viable jump ships or warpgates.
    is your server private or public ( can u name it her e ?)

Reaction score
    I play with a 10km sector size but I have a nearly decade old laptop. nvidia 310m FTW!

Aso, because it sucks so bad, I usually try to find a cluster of 2-3 stars on the fringe of the galaxy, and set up in a void sector near there.