Thoughts for future use of stealth ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First off this is a quick idea Ive been thinking up for the past few days and to be honest hasnt been completely thought out. With that said please feel free to leave thoughts on it and constructive critism.

Recently Ive been getting into stealth ship builds and trying to make one that can fight but also infiny cloak and jam, which needless to say is difficult, so I started thinking about other purposes of stealth ships and thats when it hit me. Stealth ships are best for scouting/recon/exploring so why not include a few features that would make it better and more useful beyond trolling.

My first idea has nothing to do with stealth ships to be honest but something that can be later on, warp drives. I was trying to figure out a way to make it work or how it could/would work which perhaps schema is doing the same. The idea I had was that the game would auto save all sectors you and maybe faction members have been to and with a warp drive can access this data and go to those places. This way people couldnt just pop around at will and still would need to explore to go new places but could quickly return home if needed, as long as they didnt take damage (that way people couldnt launch out of battle with ease). So this leads me onto my first stealth ship idea, a hacking device.

So when I say hacking device I would call it something like Low-Tech Hacking Device meaning it was limited and would be activated when a jammer was running (which is the only stealth function that doesnt go down when you fire the docking beam). This device could only do 2 things first open doors and the second dock to ANY docking port. So boarding could be done and this also could go hand in hand with warp drives, with this device stealth ships could hitchhike an enemy ship and ride it to the enemys base thus getting the warp drive ability to go there that they could relay to the faction for battles/wars and stuff. Also as a side note the driver wouldnt know, a message like "Faction ship hacked" would pop up meaning if hes a solo player he has a warning against a enemy faction while a larger group wouldnt but would have the ability to provide back up with the ship being boarded.

The final thing I thought of was a Low-Tech Hacking Shield which would become usable for the next 30ish seconds after leaving radar jammed ships, this way you could get within gravity of the ship and open doors. This idea could bring about new ship internal devices and actual need to think about how you place doors and other things within the ship.

If you have any other possible devices/applications of the ones listed please share them, other wise thats all I have to say! :D

Reaction score
    love the idea it would make fighting more intense and actually doable for lesser ships.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The only problem here is, that shields protect even the inside.

You need a very small ship with about 100 small shotguns (1 AMC) to actually win vs a bigger ship.

Maybe you could build your own ship inside? :)

But lately I\'ve got shot by my own AI-ships. The ships and my ship both had faction modules!

They can shoot through your ship without damaging it, but they damage you even if you are still inside the enemy ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have no clue how to fix it, maybe report it under the bug section? I dont use AI Fighters so Im at a loss.

On the note of building you\'re own ship on the inside that would be possible, the idea of opening doors would be to open hangerbay doors and allow the stealth ship to attach to a docking module, so if you really wanted you could build your own ship on the inside, the only problem would be the ship is open to attack from any sources if you do since it can be seen visually and on the nav computer, plus I also thought maybe a way to counter it, not 24/7 but something that would kick off unfactioned ships and could only be usable every few minutes...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I actually didnt mean for this to give a stealth fighter the ability to kill bigger ships, I meant as a way for boarding which then would allow player vs player one of the most unused systems in the game but one that has a lot of possibilty in the future (once they make gravity in ships more stable and usable during movement that is), but I guess it could be used in that way, and since you would need bigger guns to quickly take out a ships shields before the kick ability could be used the lickly hood they have a big enough docking area lowers, so I guess it could be balanced but I do feel a nerf of some kind would be needed, most likely after actual used.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I did some testing and found out its impossible for a docked ship to shoot the ship, meaning the hitchhike ability couldnt be used to take out shields easily without the possibility to be shot, as a side note it also appears docked turrets and the ship itself cant shoot the docked ship! So this would be good without being OP.