This normal now for planet atmosphere?

Reaction score
    I started playing the game again after a long break and when landed on planets it looks like this now?

Thank you.

Reaction score
    Thank you I take it I can't do anything about it right now for a temp fix?

Really hurts your eyes after a while :(
    Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, this seems dependent on the graphics card as well. No white skies here, but strange black spots also to be seen from space above the planet in orbit. (game shadow setting off and 'sun' straight above not obscured v. 0.19228)

Could it be the Langoliers... :D

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    My m8 on the same server has a nvidia and I have ATI graphics card a and he has no problem with planets.

I will try some graphics options see if anything helps.
    Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When I loaded the game later today all in the image above showed normal again, so I presume that strange blackness was a side effect of using Tab-F6 to force my base to spawn since it was initially an empty hole when I arrived back at it. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    I see :)

I was testing out some settings off like shadows but still same effect.
    But if you look through the ships glass the game looks normal as you can see in this pic.

Reaction score

But if you look through the ships glass the game looks normal as you can see in this pic.
    I'm having the same issue! After some googling, found an open ticket for what seems to be it, looks like the result of a fix for a different issue that was added in 0.19228: http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/337

Interestingly though, I only see a grey sky on green planets, desert and ice planets have a blue sky, purple planets seem greenish and red planets seem reddish. They're all opaque all the time though.

You might be onto something with graphics, especially if you're friend isn't having issues :). I first noticed the issue when I tried resetting the global 3D graphics settings to factory defaults (to fix another issue that's specific to my hardware), although this was about the same time as I downloaded the new update. In the interest of ruling graphics out, I use an NVIDIA high-performance graphics processor, do you use the same? Here's the relevant settings that changed on my side, are yours the same/similar? Someone who has it working, are there any differences on your end? I've tried monkeying with the settings but haven't had any luck fixing the issue.

upload_2015-5-13_18-0-7.png

(This is the NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings)

Reaction score
    Thanks nschmidtty.

I used the AMD r9 290 with this problem and my m8 got a newish nvidia card and having no problems.

I will mess around with the settings in the control panel see anything helps and I will try a screen shot from my m8 with the setting he using.
    Cheers.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hmm, this seems dependent on the graphics card as well. No white skies here, but strange black spots also to be seen from space above the planet in orbit. (game shadow setting off and 'sun' straight above not obscured v. 0.19228)

Could it be the Langoliers... :D

Greets,

Jan
    Uninitialized segment(chunk); just exit the game and log back in and it should be fixed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Uninitialized segment(chunk); just exit the game and log back in and it should be fixed.
    Hmm, could this situation arise when using Tab-F6 to force a refresh of the environment too? I had the same today, my base was a hole in the planet ground, but for the rest all looked well, Tab-F6 brought it back including those pesky black spots...

Greets,

Jan

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hmm, could this situation arise when using Tab-F6 to force a refresh of the environment too? I had the same today, my base was a hole in the planet ground, but for the rest all looked well, Tab-F6 brought it back including those pesky black spots...

Greets,

Jan
    No idea; I'm not a dev. All I know is that I've gotten a few of those random uninitialized segments (which seem to be client-side only on multiplayer), and that for whatever reason reloading the sector with Tab-F6 doesn't fix them, and that restarting the game (which refreshes EVERYTHING) does fix it. Uninitialized segments should only occur outside of the space occupied by a structure if you try to build outwards faster than the engine can initialize the segments you're trying to build in, but for some reason it's turned into another sort of client segment error like an unloaded (Probably corrupted?) segment. No idea what's up. :|

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5

that exualy looks really cool! like some portal to a different world.
    or a portal to night time.
    i wish warpgates did the same!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, bug with transparency... The way it's set up, looking through any transparent item in front of the atmosphere will also cut right through the atmosphere itself. :\

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's probably the same alpha channel problem as that one doesn't see weapon fire trails when placing a camera block behind transparent blocks. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    Thank you I will just build a base underground until the devs fix it as it burns your eyes after while lol.