This is StarMade at 60fps

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If issues occur go to youtube itself by clicking the youtube button in the bottom right of the video, 60fps video is still a new thing for youtube.

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm sorry, but I dont understand why this would be need? alot of people can get 60fps in the game, my integrated graphics can do it :/

Reaction score
    I think Ace just wanted to take advantage of the new 60 FPS on YT. Let him have it.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    But I don't even see a 720p or 1080p 60fps option on the video. Lies!

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Why would you show a planet in the preview image and then NOT HAVE A PLANET

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I don't really think it's worth to do 60 fps videos. Human eyes can only "photograph" what they see at 24 fps, so 30 fps is plenty.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    but to many people such as myself the video looks and feels a lot more aesthetically pleasing due to this smoothness

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    but to many people such as myself the video looks and feels a lot more aesthetically pleasing due to this smoothness
    probably just a mind trick, you are told its smoother so you think it is, essentially the placebo affect.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold

Try watch anything in 24fps without motion blur (as used in film) on the frames then tell me you can't tell the difference.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    -_- @therimmer96 no it's not the difference between 30 and 60 fps is like the difference between night and day and i am not going to argue about that one.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Sure, there is tiny bit of difference, but I'd rather have more content on YT to watch in 30 fps, then have fewer videos in 60 fps, because it takes twice the time to upload them an more time to render them (correct me if I'm wrong with the rendering part, only heard from one youtuber about that one). To me, it's just not worth it.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Sure, there is tiny bit of difference, but I'd rather have more content on YT to watch in 30 fps, then have fewer videos in 60 fps, because it takes twice the time to upload them an more time to render them (correct me if I'm wrong with the rendering part, only heard from one youtuber about that one). To me, it's just not worth it.
    Come on Mariux, it has been 30 fps or 24 whatever for a loooong time, surely technology is evolving and the extra space wouldn't cause any problems.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But anyway, apart from that. Please just stop this. There is no point in talking about the difference between 30 or 60 fps - that is more for the off topic area. They are different, but the difference experienced varies depending on how easily you can tell the difference. End of story. :)

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I do admit that the comment was based on the info I may have misheard a bit, I just know that 24 fps is neccesary to create a moving picture illusion. And that bad spelling rating (I know it's not accurate still) is for the swearing. It's not cool, there are younger people on these forums. Plus, it was very poorly argumented. Nothing personal.

Reactions: aceface

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    *SNIP* Please stay friendly and on-topic.

Now, back on the topic. I ahve done some comparing on 60fps vs 30 fps. There indeed was a difference, but (at least for me personally) it wasn't really worth it, but it also depends on how fast-paced and graphically complex the game is. As I mostly watch MC videos, ti didn't really matter.