This is for everyone out there hiding in the background

Reaction score
    Yes you, building ships day in and out never being recognized for your hard work and time you put into your ships. Maybe your ships are simple cubes or maybe they're intricate works of art.

Regardless you may feel overwhelmed by some of the things people build and put up here and show off to the world while receiving unending praise. There was a time when I was totally unknown and I am still very little known, heck you most likely didn't know I existed.

But right now I'm talking not about myself but you, sitting back there hidden from the world. Maybe losing hope of ever being recognized looking through what others have made.

I want you to stop and relax for a moment. Take a moment to listen and think.

Don't worry what others are building, focus on yourself. Feel deep inside yourself and let what you feel inside guide your hand. Build when emotions run high, build when you're calm. You'll be surprised how much your emotions affect what you build. Maybe your ships are simple, maybe they're complex. Maybe they're dull and unremarkable, maybe they're brilliantly colored and elegant. Regardless build from your heart and you'll eventually get better as time goes on.

This was one of my early ships.

Now look where i'am at. All because I go with what I feel inside. Don't be afraid to copy others for awhile if it helps you figure out your own thing. Ideas will come when you least expect. Like the 'Energy Cracking' on that last ship? I came up with that when I sneezed and flung blocks all over the hull. And don't be afraid to seek help either. Other people, guides, circle charts etc... that second ship would never have happened if I t wasn't for a million circle charts and circle generators.

Be yourself and never say I can't. You tell yourself I can or I will. Even if its delayed for months before you have the know-how to build what's is in your mind. Never give up, creativity is what drives this game.

Reaction score
    My ships currently consist of about 20 blocks, thrown together in some chaotic order, with engines and guns attached for good measure. They get me from point A to point B, but very little else :(

Any good Youtube videos on how to build the more advanced craft, using symmetry, etc.? I'm usually pretty good once I get a feel for the different blocks and usages.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My ships currently consist of about 20 blocks, thrown together in some chaotic order, with engines and guns attached for good measure. They get me from point A to point B, but very little else :(

Any good Youtube videos on how to build the more advanced craft, using symmetry, etc.? I'm usually pretty good once I get a feel for the different blocks and usages.
    The MikeLand Lego-style step-by-step instructions still work pretty well. That is a step-by-step instruction page with pictures, not video.

When searching YouTube, you'll want to use the filter and filter for videos in the past month. (Past week doesn't get enough videos, and Past Year gets videos that are grossly out of date.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This should be sticky. Starmade inspirational speech. There should be a voiceover video too.

Reaction score

Ditto. I'm just terrible at starting out in this game...

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Coddle yourselves all you want, your ships mean nothing when I blow it up and scrap it! Ha-ha!