Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Here is some nice ambient space white noise

Or perhaps something by Stellardrone?

Or by somebody else

Reaction score
    Yeah, I always thought ambient went well with space. That slow, gently progressing feel very much fits the sheer vastness of the universe, not much to look at until you actually notice how much there is.

Anyway, this game doesn't need a soundtrack so much as it needs more sounds period. Everything is too silent and all the sound effects are literally right there in the files, so why haven't they been implemented yet?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I really think that the third one suits starmade, we also need sound effects for items in the game too!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: IG-1000
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Anyway, this game doesn't need a soundtrack so much as it needs more sounds period. Everything is too silent and all the sound effects are literally right there in the files, so why haven't they been implemented yet?
    wait the game has sound FX and they haven't been implemented yet!?!?

Reaction score
    wait the game has sound FX and they haven't been implemented yet!?!?
    Yep, all there:
    Starmade>data>Audio-resource

There's hundreds literally just sitting there. I have no idea what they're waiting for.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah, I always thought ambient went well with space. That slow, gently progressing feel very much fits the sheer vastness of the universe, not much to look at until you actually notice how much there is.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Guys, you make it sound like wilful neglect! It's not, i promise.
    As much as the team likes to work on projects concurrently, we cannot address absolutely everything at once.

Yea, there is a very basic sound pack in the Starmade installation, which can (and probably will) be utilised in the future.
    The last community Q&A had a question on this where schema confirms sound will be worked on and that he deems it an important aspect of the game.

Like all things, making stuff takes time.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    As much as the team likes to work on projects concurrently, we cannot address absolutely everything at once.

Yea, there is a very basic sound pack in the Starmade installation, which can (and probably will) be utilised in the future.
    The last community Q&A had a question on this where schema confirms sound will be worked on and that he deems it an important aspect of the game.

finally someone says something :D I must have missed that in the Q and A

Reaction score

Oh I know you're working hard, don't get it twisted, but isn't is easy (heh, programming, easy did you see my joke there?) to link up something to something? Some of the names of the sounds imply content not yet added, but some of them could be added now surely?

All in good time, I understand. It's just that the game is so....quiet. Which, admittedly is realistic but let's face it SM...isn't.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    ...but isn't is easy to link up something to something? Some of the names of the sounds imply content not yet added, but some of them could be added now surely?
    I know you're all enquiring with good intentions and SM's progress in mind, but have you ever played buckaroo? That poor horse can't hold everything!

The "it's only a small / easy task" is irrelevant when you have already filled the entirety of your time / work force to other projects (deemed a priority.)

Reaction score
    I know you're all enquiring with good intentions and SM's progress in mind, but have you ever played buckaroo? That poor horse can't hold everything!

The "it's only a small / easy task" is irrelevant when you have already filled the entirety of your time / work force to other projects (deemed a priority.)
    How dare you not drop everything and do what I say? Do you know who I am?!?!

Yeah, I can understand. Running up on...literally everything that comes from making a game...which is WAY to much to type out here, small things kinda aren't. Best of luck, just remember your efforts are appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Speaking as an amateur musician - Schema's reply to the music question in the last Dev Q&A already has me working on potential solutions :D