Thirst & Hunger

Reaction score
    The game needs somthing to fear other then other players, sure you could add in other mobs with the pirates but it would make the game more challenging and realistic if one required sustenance. Once thirst is implemented you could make it so certain blocks such as those from ice planets and aseroids could melted over time to make certain amounts of water, like ice terrain could be melted into dirt and a small amount of water but ice crystal could be melted to almost a full amount of water and ofcourse the water block could be a full amount of water. Also adding the small chance that the water is infected by the purple stuff could be interesting making it important to the player to try to boild the water with a machine before consuming (the chance should be very small everywhere but on purple planets and asteroids where it should be very high Probability). Hunger should problably wait for animal mobs unless you would like to put cheese in the asteroids or make canabalism a food source.

btw...

I understand that one may want to have the game completely focus on ships but, the game could bennefit from having food and water as a requirement it adds somthing new to do and would bring meaning to having a green house on your ship (im all for creativity so, i believe a very small amount of boundaries on growth should be added). this feature should not be like minecraft, hunger and thirst should last a much longer time then in minecraft and even real life so you may still focus on your ship most of the time.

-tom

:D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Go back to minecraft! :mad: ...jk!

The only tolerable thirst in this game would be fuel for your ship, which I am for.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d personally be happy without a hunger and thirst system, if only because it detracts from space in general.

After all... \"If you\'re wondering how he lives and breathes, and other science facts, just remember that it\'s just a show, you should really just relax!\", or the MST3K mantra, is something to keep in mind.

Minecraft\'s more about survival from nothing in a harsh world. Here, we seem a bit more focused on building, designing, and dogfights.

Sure, it could be put in the game, but would it be of any value? Wouldn\'t it just tether people to the equivalent of farms?

Personally, I feel fuel\'s the best way to go about something like this for something to add horror to the game. Instead of you getting hungry, your ship has a finite amount of fuel it can generate power from, and you need to purchase batteries or dock to a powered ship to refuel. It adds all the horror of starving to death in a hostile place, except there\'s also no easy way out of it: you\'re stranded, and aware of that fact, as your enemies draw closer and you have no means to defend yourself beyond your hand-laser...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Instead of hunger and thirst, how about oxygen? You could put an oxygen block in your ship so you survive and it would also replenish your own character\'s oxygen meter, and you could land on planets to refuel it.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    And some people may not even be able to handle getting anywhere near a planet. We need another solution.