Things Weapons should do.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    My first idea might stop the belly aches of a lot of big ship builders. Two wobble boxes for AMCs. In linked (purple) selection mode press Shift V to link all connected AMC blocks. Press Tab to switch to unlinked (orange) selection mode and manually select the AMC block you want to fire in unlinked more OR Press Shift V V and the sysem auto selects a waffle pattern where ever other AMC is ignored. While firing you can switch from linked to unlinked mode by pressing the number key the array is assigned to twice. It just toggles.

This idea is largly impractical but would keep people from getting upset about having to tear out their guns and reinstalling them.

Now for the GOOD ideas.
    I'm recycling the linking and unlinking idea. with the same toggle link-unlink scheme for firing the weapons. Instead of linking each computer to the core if two computers are linked to each other and then one of those two is linked to the core they will fire based on which was first. Map the linked computers to the hotbar. They should show up as a regular weap computer with a number indicating how many other comps are linked to it that one. Let's say they are mapped to 1. press one to select all the linked comps. Press one again to unlink the other comps and only fire the original weapon computer from the group. Press once again to restore linked mode.

Next up, missiles. Pressing the missile computer's mapped key fires that missile right away without interrupting the firing of the AMCs. You can thru everythign you have at your target and your AMCs never cut out.

Lastly, beams. Press and hold the assigned key to continue firing them.

That's it. My ideas of what weapons management should look like.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i like the idea of linked weapons, it sounds really cool and not \'too\' hard to do...

Reaction score
    seriously if this was done right it whould take around 15-20 lines of code if done right (but im no expert i just love figuring out how many lines of code could be shortenned into much simpler and faster lines of code reving up the game so to speak) and if this was done right even MOAAAAAR strategy could be used in big battles and that makes me very happy i love to be able to adapt to events quickly especially if game mechanics let me do so so i give this a REEEEAAAAALLLLY BIIIIIIIIIG THUUUUUUUUUMMBBSSSS UUUUUUUUUUPPPP

also on a completely weird and kinda awkward note: I like doughnuts mmmmk?