Things that should be in the game (creative title)

Reaction score
    1. make healing ships not pieces of crap - when a block is "destroyed" it simply becomes invisible and ethereal. healing lasers would also have massive aoe but only repair 1 block at a time. problem solved.

2. boarding parties - teleporters linking to other ships' teleporters and the ability to automatically switch gravity fields whhen breaking and entering. also handheld weapons.

3. drones - another kind of weapon/module. creates a copy of the ship it has docked to it, using up power when it does and spawning another when the current one dies. the spawned ship would have a bobby ai instead of a core and die in 1 hit. size is severely limited needing hundreds of connected modules to spawn even remotely moderate sized ships. make this happen dammit >:)

4. railguns - rate of fire is tiny, projectile speed is infinite, damage is medium, range is medium low and power consumption is very large. in other words... interesting.

5. capital ships - only one ship in a faction can be classed as a capital. capital ships can be docked to by ships that have ships docked to them (wut) capital ships can have everything a station can, and can share power and buffs damage with any nearby ships of its faction including its self (only happens when there are ships of its faction nearby)

what do you guys think? anything i should modify/add/change/discard/tweak/twerk?

Reaction score
    1. Totally! But with the following limitations/additions: Repairing those \'lost\' blocks should withdraw the block from the inventory of the repairer\'s inventory (else you could infinitely respawn ressources that are hard to get)
    and there could also be an option to like reload your Blueprint onto your damaged ship, renewing the lost blocks and only costing that much.

2. No teleporters for me - but! FPS Mechanics. That would be low priority i guess, but have an inventory with 1 Space-Suit slot and an Weapons slot, Add personal Health, make the Suit scale between movement speed and armor (maby personal shields?)

Imagine a Faction War, where the attackers kill the shields of an opposing factions Starbase, to fly in a transporter of some guys to enter the Station and fight their way through it. O.C. there would have to be some sort of goal - like a \"Styation Core\"-Block to Protect/Kill. Maby even more than one. Probably more. (Dependend on total Block count of the Station? -> Bigger Station, harder to board)

Same with larger ships, only with the Ship Core. As it has to be reachable already, all the \"Corridor\" mechanics are already there.

3. totally love this! Make the Bobby AI module have a 3rd Mode - Fighter. It has an assigned Docking Block on the Mothership/Station, it will launch when the Holder triggers the Drone Computer (or automatically if enemies are near, dependend on the stance of the AI Module). Make the Fighters return the same way and never stray too far from their Home. Of course this would have to go in junction with the reworked repair mechanics (1.) to repair damaged drones in a feasible amount of time.

4. Bought!

5. That would be a nice addition to the Facions, although i think the dockingception would hardly work, moreso if there is Drones or Fighters involved.

Ill add a new one that is bugging me badly:

6. Ship manouverability/speed:
    Right now we have seperate values: Theres Top Speed wich is fixed at 50. We have (all-directional) acceleration and deceleration wich comes from the thrust value. Then we have turning rate, wich is determined by the ships mass.

Now with this system we can get quite unrealistic results:
    We can get a large ship that takes 4 sec to get to Speed 50, while taking a minute to turn. We can never have a small fighter outrun a large capital ship.
    Also it is impossible for an medium sized ship to increase its manouverability by sacrificing firepower to enginges.

So whats my proposal? It consists of several parts:
    a) Make the Top Speed Scale with ship Mass (equal to Size or Ship Class). Start at 60, go down to 15 at huge, but never go below that. That way, fast bombers/fighters would get the classic sci-fi advantage over the capitals in terms of evasion.

b) make accelleration scale stronger by mass. The heavier the ship gets, the more % of its blocks must be thrusters to maintain the same acceleration. Also, to have huge ships move at all, make a lower cap of it if there is at least 1% thrusters built into the vessel. (Still having totally underthrustet ships crawl, but havin huge ships at least move forward.)

c) Let manouverability be affected by thrusters (or even a new Manouver-Thrust (worktitle) block. Have the same limitations like in b) but make the cutoff bigger for higher mass ships. then you should get a nice midfield range of ship mass in wich you could make a decent agile ship when sacrificing firepower, while big ships still suffer from their mass. Also, that could be a good thing for Drones/Fighters that rely on their small profile.

d) Reduce strafing speed. This is not overly connected to the other letters, but right now there are mainly strafing fights, because the strafing acceleration is i) too high and ii) scales with the forward acceleration 1:1. If there would be more forward acceleration, minimum 2:1 im sure we would see much more of dogfight like fights between the smaller ships. Also, reduce max reverse speed to max forward speed minus 5. No more escaping facing the enemy and firing. Show your tail, and pray you are small -> fast enough.

Wall of text, sorry, it gets onto me then i fall in love with a game

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    To the OP I will say mos things look good to me except for the drones part. If you want drones, then build/buy them and fit them in a ship. I dont think you should have the ability to spawn endless drones if one dies, or spawn anything in at all without a cost. To Lany, I also think strafing is bad in a spaceship game. It should be lowered significantly. If you have to fly past someone then turrets can continue to fire on a ship.