Things that need to be unique to this game.

Reaction score
    First off, the planets need to stay flat. But they need to be bigger. And blocks glitching through blocks needs to be eliminated except when blocks collide at high speeds (50+). When a blocks hitbox DOES cross through another, (as it eventually will) one or both block should be destroyed. Bam, crash simulator. (Even though space engineers does it similarly.)

Second off, the whole "8-bit texture thing" needs to be GONE. If the graphics engine cannot handle atleast 528-bit textures, well then bye-bye graphics engine and hello new one. Of course, at 528 pixels, each block might be DRAWN instead of "pixeled" like most textures in minecraft and similar are, but just about every other game ever has DRAWN things instead of pixeling them. Imagine trying to "pixel" an HD game, such as the wind waker HD and forza motorsport 5. Even though of course the game won't be TRUE HD(720ish-bit) it will still look WAY better than any clone out there.

Reaction score
    1.The planets staying flat isn\'t a bad concept, but i guess they could be made two sided (e.g. the current \"bottom\" of a planet being like the top.)

2.8-bit textures should stay if higher resolution causes lag. The current graphics engine is actualy quite a powerful one. It runs such a heavy game even on slowest pc. Thanks schema for optimisation, too :D

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Planets should eventually become oreos if the current plan hasn\'t been changed.

I wasn\'t aware that the textures were even 8-bit, you can already install fairly detailed textures without any moding and even the base texture resolution is higher than that of minecraft.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Textures are less detailed for the sake of players with very limited vram.

If vanilla textures were larger, you\'d kill a lot of the population off and schema would make less money at final release.

As for the planets...
    Pretty sure this is the only game with planets that don\'t give you a loading screen. Wouldn\'t really matter if they became round, because they\'d still have that.

I\'d rather see the game become known for amazing battles between custom ships instead of cosmic pancakes.

Reaction score
    I think the planet should be way larger, but not stay flat. A hemisphere planet would be perfect.

And please don\'t allow blocks glich through each blocks. If blocks can stop stucking in each other and start spazzing out there are so much more things we can build.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Textures are x32, aren\'t they?

Also, this entire suggestion sucks. It asks for a crash similator that allows tiny ships to smash holes in large ships, with no considering of shields or anything. It also asks for changes to planets. Schema has decided on oreo planets. Stop asking for different things. It\'s getting pretty obnoxious.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Cosmic pancakes! Wow, alright, that made me laugh.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Also, this entire suggestion sucks. It asks for a crash similator that allows tiny ships to smash holes in large ships, with no considering of shields or anything.

your shields could block kinetic energy from crashes. if you have enough power left.

Reaction score
    they are either 64-bit, or 32-bit that depends of wich oporating system you are using. There are no such thing called 8-bit textures. Read about it.

Reaction score
    He probably meant resolution, but even then, 528x528 seems like an awkward size, I think he meant 512x512 there :P