TheSagaciousMan's Suggestions Topic (:

Reaction score
    TheSagaciousMan
    Suggestions/Ideas/other :)

Hey all, I am siting here right now wishing I could play the game, but the server is down, so I decided I would make a suggestions topic to ease my pain. Lol. Well, here it is.

Schema, all these ideas belong to you. I don't want recognition, compensation, payment or anything like that. I just want to see this awesome game be the best that it can be, and to also be a part of this potentially genre defining sandbox game. I too am a solo developer, so I know the rigours of designing, coding, administrating and creating all at the same time, so here is my input into your process.
    Right, with that out of the way, let's get this shit going.

Section number one: Construction

I know, this has been said about all kinds of these games, but angled blocks or inclined blocks would be good, and overall add to the aesthetic appeal of any construction.
    A system to define the start and end blocks of a line, that auto fills in-between the two with a specified block. This would make constructing large items much easier and shouldn't be too hard to implement. It would increase the ease of constructing symmetrcal and angled lines.
    Ship and Structure Templates would enable the faster and still customizable construction of a structure.

Section number two: Combat

To spice up and add a new dimension to combat, Hand held weapons. This would create scenarios where players fight aboard a large ship, station or planet, vying for control of it.
    The addition of a Tractor Beam would allow for "towing" of ships as well as keeping enemies for escaping. It would also allow someone to be quickly pulled to the ship.
    Teleporters would be good for moving about a large ship, and also for linking sectors. A form of payment such as energy would be a balance to the teleporters ease of use and efficiency.
    The ability to Remote Control a ship could prove handy and enjoyable. Useful for getting your ship back if it floats away, or if it gets left in a distant sector.
    AI as well as Player Controlled Droids and Robots offer many uses as well as a novelty factor that is sure to attract new players. Useful for repairing ships and structures as well as healing a player, they could be used to explore dangerous territory, programmed to harvest and salvage appointed targets and protect the player.
    Advanced Autopilot for Ships will allow the player to man a turret or repair the ship in battle and to also save the player from long periods of holding the accelerator.

Section number three: General Play

Character Custimization of any sort is virtually required for a game like this. Players like to set themselves apart from the rest. They want to choose a look that reflects them. This greatly increases the immersivness which is key to a games long term survival.
    Faster Possible Ship Speeds. Come on, this space. Even if you just change the units to Lights or L/sec or even L/min. We have reached the stars, we are travelling vast distances, this is not done at 50km/hr.
    Instead of One Power Unit I think there should be Generators and Batteries. This is kind of self-explanatory.
    Moving Blocks really increase the aesthetic appeal of things like doors and they also provide a unique functionality that is really only limited to the creativity of the player. There could be Ship Bays that open, Revolving Structures, Ramps to get in a ship or station, etc.
    I personally think that the Glass Panels should be more Transparent.
    Life-Forms on Planets would add to both the realism and the gameplay. They could be a source of materials or even something as simple as pets.
    Rather than having to use the Core as the access to piloting the ship, I think the game would benefit from a Control Panel or Cockpit that serves as the method for assuming control of the ship.
    Directional Thrusters would allow the player to control turning speed and rolls and other manoeverability issues.
    Being able to control the Opacity of the HUD is a good function, sometimes I have trouble seeing everything, especially when salvaging.
    Upgradable Suits. Need I say more? Maybe buyable jetpacks, better armour, a module that heals the player over time etc.

Well, that is it for now. I will come back and edit this probably on a daily basis, or as required.
    Thanks for reading,

TheSagaciousMan

:)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have not seen one thing I dissagree with.. may I add:
    Character custimization as in your character has a simple design (a base skeleton that can\'t be altered because it is used for animations) but can be added to like a ship or station with blocks.
    Being able to link the salvage computer to a chest aboard the ship so salvaged material goes straight there...