The ways the SM Faction Universe might go (WARNING DOOMSDAY SCENARIO)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I see that the faction power realm has changed dramatically in recent times. CR has fallen DFN is nearly collapsing and RA is being confined to its own server. All by Griefers Hackers and Trolls (Mostly.)

There is really only two big ways this can go down.

1. DFN takes out the Griefers Hackers and Trolls and the Mutiny war ends with Brad taken out.

2. A scenario that I belive might be more likely.

DFN fails to survive the "Gurilla war" being waged on it. With DFN out of the picture Bradley the most infamous griefer ever survives and RA is forced to stay on its own server. The Vagyr return with the update and claim NASS for themselves with no one able to stop them. In the wake of the immense power vacume a new era of danger and darkness will occur. Secondary factions will start filling the vacume such as the Brotherhood, The Borg, The Tartans and others. The lesser factions and perhaps these will wage an inter-server war with one another for the ultimate reward. An inter-server Empire something that wasnt doable with the large mega factions all being on seperate servers. With these even and numerous secondary factions waging war with one another they will cause unbelievable chaos and no where will be safe. They dwindle some down and others will be destroyed by Griefers Hackers and Trolls. This will happen to the point where only a few will have become mega factions. However even these wont be as powerful or famous as the ones that they replaced. This war will also bring about new war technics. They will be called Gurilla tactics. Hide ambush and retreat. Spying and griefing on unstoppable levels. New powerful Stealth and jamming ships that are as lethal as they are sneaky. The new war tactics will cause un ending turmoil and "True fighting" will be a relic of the past just like Ranks from the Revoulitionary war and the civil war are a thing of the past.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly this will probably be all wrong but it is a very intersting scenario.

Reaction score
    I belive I can end the mutiny war
    I think I can convince Bradley and the other enimies with a proposal to end the mutiny war

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I never said evil. He is however an Infamous person and a griefer

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    The faction system (Which should be considered a placeholder until Schema gets around to updating it) suffers from some pretty major flaws right now; Namely the lack of any way to secure territory as base protections are 100% or 0%, and how difficult it is to have the token control over people in the faction that is needed in order to run smoothly. (Permissions, organization, etc.)

At the same time, bigger factions are quite hardy, considering everything they end up dealing with, and the only actions these people you called \'griefers\' can take to damage them is a bannable offense. There is no war, nor are there any winners, until there are actual combat engagements and one side voluntarily honoring the other with a \'good game\' and a \'I\'ll get you next time!\' Making the other side move servers or ragequit is not a victory, it is purposely damaging your server\'s environment.

I fully expect to see mostly the same lineup of major factions in the coming months as we have today. Maybe some leadership changes, maybe some renaming.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did you know there are over 527 different languages found in Nigeria alone?

Coolio.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Not really. :P.

Don\'t worry about us going anywhere soon, because of the attacks we got everything docked at base, we now have a good bit of money, our enemies are getting desperate, and will probably do something bannable soon. As to us nearly falling apart, now that everyone shut up and listened to orders, we are back on the incline.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    But I\'ll say it now. I never wanted war. I never wanted to have bases on public servers. I bought my own server so that my members may enjoy themselves with exciting missions and battles, and not worry about griefers and trolls. It mainly happened now because I chose to have allies. I\'m beginning to think that I\'ll leave the U.A.F. and stay out of all conflicts faction-wide and just enjoy the game and battles I wanted half a year ago.

Reaction score
    Perhaps in the future something like this will happen, but each faction may have opposite roles. I think that Bradley, Omatic, and buck will end up waging war against each other, destroying several factions in the process, which is then broken up by teh DFN. being one of the only remaining major factions on Illusive, the DFN would have a massive final battle on Illusive, and literally set it back to the Stone Age before moving onto a new server. the RA is officially gone now, but perhaps in the future it will start up again.

Reaction score
    The DFN is not the only major faction in StarMade, nor even the only major one on illusive. Frankly, if greifers forced the DFN to disband, nothing would happen except for their favorite raiding target to become null. I have imense respect for the DFN but they aren\'t the only people out there. The real danger is an overall increase in raiders/trolls/greifers that would swamp servers and create faction life annoying. A power vacuum isn\'t going to result from the unlikely demise of the DFN, pretty much everything would go on as usual

Reaction score
    The DFN may be the loudest faction on illusive but the Tartarans are only a little behind them in size, and there are several other factions who are half the size as DFN but have the same or double number of players on at any given time.

This did make for a good read however, the thread in general. I think you will find there are still those who play the game for fun and want to have a good time in spite of rogue elements.

Now the real question becomes.. If the DFN leaves illusive for another server who will the new target be? And how long on the new server will DFN be without strife? Those are questions I am curious to have answered.

Reaction score
    Is Brad really a griefer? Or is he a hero? During the American Revolution the americans were seen as tratiors. yet now we see them as heros. To you anyone that attacks you out of difference of opinion is an enemy. yet to them you are the enemy. Have you ever heard \"to the victor goes the spoils\"? part of this is deciding punishment for the \"Enemy\". If Brad wins you will be punished for your part in the battles. If the DFN wins then Brad will be punished for his part in the war. another example is how the united states calls the taliban terrorists but the U.S destroys entire villages with drone strikes just to take out 1 \"enemy\". yet doesnt the united states call them the enemy even though their civilians are being terrorized by drone strikes? The only reason they still do it is because if they win then they will say it was \"right\" to do to end the violence.

Reaction score
    Dude, it\'s a videogame. You just compared some dude pissing people off in a game both to the founders of the United States fighting for freedom from a tyrannical and distant ruler and to civilian casualties in a tragic and all too real conflict. I don\'t really care either way, but just keep your feet planted on the ground. People are taking this whole thing too seriously.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is a video game, not world politics. The only thing that would happen should the dfn collapse is that smaller factions like the TE, Void Templars and others will gain far more recruits. However the dfn is going strong and i doubt it will collapse.

Reaction score
    What are your opinions about how shits gonna go down with them? They are a large fac too.