The Ultimate Mech Challenge

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    ...possibly. Next step is to make a punchy version. That is the hard part.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    ...possibly. Next step is to make a punchy version. That is the hard part.
    like with pusing away? i'd say use small damage pulsers with 100% push effect :3
    or just damage pulsers with not too op dmg for a nice fair fight :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I don't think allowing damage pulses would be fair, but push pulse sounds fair to me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'd like to work on some mecha, especially if one would be both viable all-terrain vehicle and weapon platform, but it seems that currently actual walking mecha as oppossed to humanoid spaceships are impossible.

That or we messed up - I was discussing with my acquaintance creation of a real, walking mecha using new rail system, but the prototype made, despite having a stable set of theoretically functional limbs couldn't propel the itself forward, jumping instead in place with every step.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'd like to work on some mecha, especially if one would be both viable all-terrain vehicle and weapon platform, but it seems that currently actual walking mecha as oppossed to humanoid spaceships are impossible.

That or we messed up - I was discussing with my acquaintance creation of a real, walking mecha using new rail system, but the prototype made, despite having a stable set of theoretically functional limbs couldn't propel the itself forward, jumping instead in place with every step.
    That's due to friction not really being a thing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah... I'm (pleasantly) surprised that this hasn't happened yet.
    I find this quite ironic, as another game with similar mechanics had all sorts of versions of this created within days of release. My personal favorite: http://i.imgur.com/AV2C3EV.gifv

(Don't worry, guys. It's mechanical objects with about the same amount of resemblance that you might find in the New York Times comics.)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I find it amusing that "raise your dongers" is a meme in League of Legends, rather than games like these where you really can hit a button and raise your donger.