The Ultimate Interior Room list

Reaction score
    Now I want a space pool.
    Wait, wouldn't a space pool be an empty hole in the ground with almost no matter including air in it? I prefer my water pool actually. That was a pointless post...

EDIT: My post. The pool is cool

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Unfortunately if you had a pool (which would be awesome don't get me wrong) you wouldn't be able to swim. They should add floaties to StarMade. This item would have the soul purpose of allowing you to swim, but would be counter-intuitive since you are in space and water boils in a vaccuum :/ But then again somehow you can take off your helmet and not have your stomach fly out of your nostrils at the speed of sound so... LOGIC MUCH?

Now I want a space pool.
    Wait, wouldn't a space pool be an empty hole in the ground with almost no matter including air in it? I prefer my water pool actually. That was a pointless post...

EDIT: My post. The pool is cool
    Yes that pool is indeed cool : D

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Unfortunately if you had a pool (which would be awesome don't get me wrong) you wouldn't be able to swim. They should add floaties to StarMade. This item would have the soul purpose of allowing you to swim, but would be counter-intuitive since you are in space and water boils in a vaccuum :/ But then again somehow you can take off your helmet and not have your stomach fly out of your nostrils at the speed of sound so... LOGIC MUCH?

Yes that pool is indeed cool : D
    Assuming the pool is in an artificially pressurized environment, filled with air, and some way of gravity were implemented, I think a pool would work.

Also, I wouldn't really call it "boiling", because it is not hot at all. I prefer "vaporizing" ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Assuming the pool is in an artificially pressurized environment, filled with air, and some way of gravity were implemented, I think a pool would work.

Also, I wouldn't really call it "boiling", because it is not hot at all. I prefer "vaporizing" ;)
    Boiling point is dictated by both temperature and atmospheric pressure, the lower the pressure, the lower the boiling point, so it is kinda boiling, just not in an earthly sense. But vaporizing also works since water will turn to gas at any pressure above local psi and above freezing. Science = fun.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Ships have atmospheric bubbles around them, thus is my assumption.

Reaction score
    My idea was that starmade space has air in it everywhere. There is drag, and you can breathe without a helmet on. The circles around planets a visual indicators of their SOI's.

Unless you turn drag off.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I love trying to explain the logic in something made out of 1 meter cubed regular hexahedrons :/

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thank you all for giving me ideas for things that will end up on the Euphrates, alongside the

Stripclub
    Mental asylum
    Lake
    Skyscrapers
    Courtyard w/ hologram of the ship
    Etc

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

AND NOW RIIIIIIIIIIIISE!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this thread is still extremely relevant and someone asked about interior ideas in chat earlier today. So 'imma go ahead and revive it.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor

AND NOW RIIIIIIIIIIIISE!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this thread is still extremely relevant and someone asked about interior ideas in chat earlier today. So 'imma go ahead and revive it.
    Of all the random posts that end up getting stickied, this one is probably deserving.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You could have externally docked power supply tanks. Form as well as function

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just as an addition: A hospital ship or station is probably going to want a psychiatric ward and associated trained personnel on staff. Space crazies is serious business. There may also need to be a long-term care ward. A physical therapy room for getting patients back on their feet after months in a bed. X-ray/CAT scanner/other diagnostic graphing tools, blood/samples testing and possibly a specialized area to house all of these.

Your space station may also want: an assembly line or three, manufacturing center, processing plant, ore refinery, and shipyards of various sizes and control/materials storage for all of them.

Classrooms, labs, and libraries for educating children on-board and training crew.

Reactions: Valck and Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I still use this list, In fact I'm using it as my progress bar! Every ship needs a stripper pole!

Reactions: generalBLT13

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    must not forget the tv room

or the *explicit* recording zone...

oh and it is very useful to have transporter rooms now, and one must never forget to use DETAIL when making any interior.