The Tiniest Decimal Digit Display and Adder

Reaction score
    I'm happy to present you this time a rather useful creation of mine. It's a 3x5x6 big decimal digit display. Not only it's a digit display but also has the ability to add a number in the range 1-9 to it's value. Thus if it displays 5 and you add 7 to it it will show 2 and a carry output will blink.

Display

It's not exactly a 7-segment one, because the size of the 'canvas' is just 3x5. That's why I chose a more readable 'font' for it.

Forward & Backward Counter & Reset

Pressing input '1' will increment the value. Pressing input '0' will reset it. Pressing input '9' will count backwards.

Addition

Pressing any of '1' - '9' inputs will add the corresponding value to the display. If the result is bigger than 10, the 'C' output will blink. If used in an array of displays, this output should feed the '1' input of the next display (the one to the left). The 'C' output is the OR gate outlined red in the second screenshot.
    Subtraction

If subtraction is required, the 10-complement input of the subtrahend must be pressed. In other words: to subtract 3 from the value stored, the 10-3 = '7' input must be pressed. In this case if the 'C' output DOESN'T blink, a borrow should occur. If used in an array, to borrow from the left display its '9' input must be activated.

Known Limitations:

The circuitry uses delays. In other words, it is not capable of making more than 1 operation in 0.5s. If you need to count something which occurs faster than half a second, you'd need a flip-flop frequency divider and to feed the flip-flop's value to the '2','4','8' or '6' input.

Download
    Digit Display And Adder

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow, this is indeed the smallest display adder I have ever seen! Pretty compact too nice dimensions.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Thanks, kind sir. Btw, wassup with the 3D tic-tac-toe?
    doing the 3D tic-tac-toe slowly .. but i decide to do first a update of my other post MANIAC LOGIC, and make a small tutorial of some logic circuits and tricks i use

Reaction score
    doing the 3D tic-tac-toe slowly .. but i decide to do first a update of my other post MANIAC LOGIC, and make a small tutorial of some logic circuits and tricks i use
    Sure, as you see fit.

I was wondering how will you use rotations for the inside cube. Doesn't seem much possible with only 3D :). At least not without some cool motion sequence.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Whaaaaaaat. I was already impressed by the size and functionality packed into them, but you can even link multiple togethere? Dayum. This deserves a like.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Truly a marvel of engineering and most definitely something that rivals the wiring capabilities of other games! *cough*minecraft*cough*
    Now I'm gonna have to make some sort of space-soccer with this as the scoring system...