The Tartaran Empire - Recruiting

Reaction score

The Tartaran Empire is a Monarchist government with representation through a Senate. The Empire has an emphasis on acquiring military, economic and political power through maintaining a large and organized fleet as well as developing a robust and efficient industrial complex focused around mining asteroids or planet cracking.

The Tartaran Empire was founded after the Second Vaygr War, created from a splinter group that broke away from the Debrisian Federation during the fighting. After a brief period, the Empire established itself among the other space faring factions. Quickly growing in its power and influence, the Empire adopted an isolationist approach to the political and military issues that have affected many other factions, only raising their weapons at enemies that have directly threatened them.

When the Calderon Republic fell to internal strife, the Tartaran Empire readily accepted the displaced refugees, knowing all too well the affect such displacement can have on a group of people. As a result of the Republic falling, Emperor Incap the First deigned that any faction looking for security and a cause to work towards and strive for are more than welcome in the Tartaran Empire.

Originally a ‘Democratic Imperium’, Emperor Incap assumed absolute control of the Empire because of the external refugees it brought in, so that the Empire’s values and position couldn’t be compromised by an individual harbouring a grudge from previous conflicts. It is hoped that the Tartaran Empire will make a move for more representation and reassume its former Democratic Imperial government in the future.

The Tartaran Empire's emperor stepped down after his approximately six months of rule, hereafter a new emperor was elected from the five founders, the new emperor whom was chosen as the second emperor was Nauvran.

The Tartaran Empire is based on Elwyn for the foreseeable future. The server can be found here: sm.elwyneternity.com:4242

“Extend one hand in friendship, but arm the other.”

Organization

The Tartaran Empire’s main military asset is the Imperial Navy, but other sections are an important part of maintaining the faction's status:

“One sword keeps another in the sheath.”

Current Marshals: Chevalleis, Incap

The Imperial Navy is the main military asset of the Tartaran Empire that is governed by the Marshal Board, the top 3 military leaders. They are responsible for the defense of the Empire’s borders, responding to threats and maintaining peace. The Navy is split into two sections, the Capital Ships, and the Strike Craft.

The ranks are as follows:-

Marshal: The ultimate position in the Imperial Navy. The Marshals are responsible for ensuring the throne’s will is carried out by the Fleets under their command. They also hold great political importance in the Senate acting as mediators and when required, arbiters of the law.

Capital Ship Ranks:

Admiral:
    Commander of a Fleet. Typically, each Fleet will have at least one carrier, but this may change depending on the situation. Admirals are free to use a customized version of the ship they choose to take as their flagship.

Vice-Admiral:
    Squadron Commander in a fleet. Typically, a fleet with be made of 3 ‘squadrons’ or groups, with a Vice-Admiral in command of each one.

Rear Admiral:
    Charged with supporting the main fleet, Rear Admirals command a group of Destroyers and support ships that back up the main fleet’s rear flank.

Captain:
    Commander of a ship. Captains are authorized to command Carriers, Battleships, Cruisers, Frigates and Destroyers.

Lieutenant:
    Low officer rank. Lieutenants are authorized to command Frigates and Destroyers. Most looking to join the Imperial Navy start here.

Strike Craft Ranks:

Flight Commander:
    Flight Commanders are the leaders of a fighter battalion, which is made up of 3 squadrons. The flight commander is typically the leader of one squadron and is backed up by another two squadron leaders.

Squadron Leader:
    Squadron Leaders are pilots who command Fighter wings, Bomber wings, etc. Their squadron are permitted to make use of squadron markings and colours to help identify themselves.

Pilot:
    Low rank, typically fly fighters, bombers and gunships. Mostly for people looking to fly smaller ships instead of larger ones.

“Pity those who forget the blood and bone that was poured into the foundation of their houses.”

Current Chairman of Industry: Dolovo

Military Representative: Nauvran

The Industrial sector, named Iapetus Heavy Industries, is the life blood of the Empire, building and constructing, mining and refining, all important to the upkeep and continuation of the Empire. Builders, Combat Engineers and Miners all ensure the smooth operation of the Industrial sector. It is important that people wishing to build ships exhibit proof of their ability for us to maintain an appropriate standard of ship construction.

Positions:-

Builders:
    Entrusted with the construction of ships, turrets and stations. They also operate the factories that produce the materials and goods the Empire uses.

Combat Engineers:
    Works closely with the Navy, and is responsible for the repair and maintenance of ships. Because of how closely many CEs work with the Navy, they are considered a full member of the military and subject to the same duties and promotions as the rest, but aren’t required to engage in combat.

Miners:
    Responsible for mining operations on asteroids and planets.

“Knowledge is Power. And just like power, it can create or destroy in great abundance.”

Current Director of Intelligence: Kiwionthemoon

Military Representative: Chevalleis

The Intelligence and Research Division, known as the Imperial Intelligence Agency, is essentially the Intelligence agency of the Tartaran Empire, who scout out possible threats and keep the leadership up to date with anything that might be happening server side or forum side. They act as the eyes and ears of the Empire. Other duties of the I&R Division is to devise new systems for ships, testing new designs and determining the best course the design process should take.

The Imperial Senatorial System

The Tartaran Empire’s political system is made up of the Imperial Throne, the Marshal Board and the Senate:-

-The Imperial Throne is the highest seat in the Empire, and the ultimate responsibility. The responsibility of the Emperor comes down to the making sure the Empire has a clear course and goal, and can make absolute decisions. To further this, if the Senate is in a dead lock over what action to take over an issue, the Emperor may choose to forgo the entire voting process and make the decision for them.

-The Marshal Board is made up of the top 3 leaders of the Imperial Navy and are responsible for its defense and maintaining the peace. The Marshal Board serve as mediators and advisors to the Emperor and Senate and act as the judges during trials. Effectively, they are the law in the Empire and have the power to depose an Emperor, but only if it is a unanimous vote, and if it passes, each member of the Board must resign their commission and hand the position over to their successor.

-The Senate represents the normal citizenry of the Empire. It is the Senate’s responsibility to handle votes and act as the jury during trials.

Rules and Regulations:-

1. You must be mature. It is very important that you are able to work together with other members of your faction as well as follow orders. Disruptive behaviour is also forbidden. This way we maintain a high morale and unity. It is also highly advisable that you are able to communicate clearly with others as this makes collaboration a lot easier.

2. The organization and structure of the faction is important. Orders from superior officers are absolute, unless countered by the orders of a higher ranked officer. Orders are expected to be carried out, and officers are expected to be respectful. Any issues that arise must be brought before a higher ranked officer.

3. The Tartaran Empire follows a strict code of military discipline and code. The assignment of ships is an absolute, and the customization of assigned ships is forbidden, save for the interior, as long as it doesn’t compromise the functionality of the vessel too much. For this reason, the use of personal ships is discouraged, but it is allowed in cases of emergencies. Also, assigned vessels are only assigned to one member at a time, and it’s generally undesirable to use someone elses ship unless, again, it’s an emergency.

4. The use of a skin is restricted to Tartaran Empire skins; however the face can be personalized to grant individuality and a personal touch. Include the Empire’s motto in your application form. Members are also allowed to use their own ‘civilian’ skin. AS THERE ARE NO TE SKINS AT THE MOMENT (THEY’RE STILL BEING MADE) THE RULE WILL NOT BE ENFORCED FOR THE MEANTIME. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WHEN THE NEW SKINS ARE READY.

5. Relations with other players and factions are important. They are to be treated with respect at all times, as the image of our faction is more important than your personal feelings. You represent our faction, and you are expected to upload not only your image, but the factions.

6. No parking large ships on the homeworld, or cluttering up the home sector with junk, as it will be deleted and the guilty party will be penalized. You have to PM the motto to a founder, don't post it in the application form.

We have our own site at http://tartaranempire.enjin.com/home. All members are expected to register on the site. It is where we communicate with each other outside the game and the different sections have their own forums.

We also have a Skype chat we use regularly. It's highly preferred if can join us on it when you join.

Motto:

In Discipline, Unity. In Unity, Strength. In Strength, Peace.

Application form:

IGN:

Strengths in Starmade:

Desired section (e.g. Military)(For builder please show previous Work):

Timezone:

How often are you online?

Skype Address: (Please inform us if there is a problem)

Previous Factions:

Previous Bans:

Laelaps Class Scout: [in development]

Harpy Class Interceptor:

Griffon Class Bomber:

Centaur Class Gunship:

Cyclops Class Brig

Manticore Class Destroyer

Chimera Class Frigate

Hydra Class

Scylla Class Cruiser:

Charybdis Class

Kraken Class Battleship

Echidna Class Carrier

Naiad Assault Drone

Siren Class Dropship

Charon Class Transport ship and Freighter

Roster:-

Emperor: -Nauvran

Military:-

Marshals:-

-Chevalleis

-Incap

Admirals:-

Vice Admirals:-
    -

Rear Admirals:-

Captains:-
    -GanonLosesAgain
    -Alpha123
    -

Lieutenant:-
    -

Flight Commander:-
    -

Squadron Leader:-
    -

Pilot:-
    -

Indsutry:-
    -

Chairman: Dolovo

Military Representative: Nauvran

Builder:-
    -Incap
    -MrTargareyan

Combat Engineer:-
    -psp
    -deathsoul97

Combat Engineer recruit:-
    -AAlexandrosTGreat

Miner:-
    -Mofonik
    -

Intelligence and Research Division:-
    -

Director: kiwionthemoon

Military Representative: Chevalleis

Members:-
    -kiwionthemoon
    -Dolovo
    -Nauvran
    -Incap
    -Chevalleis
    -psp
    -AAlexandrosTGreat
    -MrTargareyan
    -deathsoul97
    -Mofonik
    -GanonLosesAgain
    -Alpha123
    -iHasTnt
    -

Faction alliances:-
    -Starfleet

Last edited:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    On thursday the 24th Incap announced on our comms channel that he intented to leave the Tartaran Empire (and indeed starmade in general), of which he was emperor and founder. He is the reason that the Empire ressembles what it is today, and his departure has left us shorthanded. Although he was a crucial asset to us and will be thoroughly missed, the remaining high command will attempt to continue his legacy and drive the empire to new hights and glory.
    Although we are all saddened by the loss of such an important member, the TE must not remain without leadership, as such a vote will be held on our enjiin (members only) for the new emperor.

The candidates up for election are the following:

Chevalleis
    Kiwionthemoon
    Dolovo
    Nauvran

As before the Emperor will be the face of the Empire and will most likely handle most of the political events there might occur.

The Emperor will as always still be needed to talk to his fellow founders about what will be done and which decision will be made.

A Forum post will be made on our enjin for all of you to vote for the new emperor.

Have a good day and may the Tartaran Empire live long and prosper

~Nauvran Gerian
    Co-founder and Military leader of the Tartaran Empire

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    IGN: PitchBlack

Strengths in Starmade: Creative, fast building, able to make custom blocks and textures

Desired section (e.g. Military): Engineer /Builder

Timezone: UTC +1

How often are you online? not regular. sometimes 2 days on line. and sometimes a few days not. But that will change in the future somewhen.

Skype Address: sven.schneider80

Previous Factions: my own Pitch Black Industries

Previous Bans: none

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey, i like your ships, are they based on a helghast theme at all? The cruiser looks similar.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Huh, whats that now debris? I dont understand what you mean.
    Zyrr made a faction called the Helghast Federation, I was implying that the ship designs are so good people were basing theirs off them before the faction even existed.

And yes, I know the helghast you were talking about is from Killzone.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Zyrr made a faction called the Helghast Federation, I was implying that the ship designs are so good people were basing theirs off them before the faction even existed.

And yes, I know the helghast you were talking about is from Killzone.
    Can you even try to make sense? Even a little? He came in here asking about TE ship, if they we based off Helghast designs. I hardly see what Zyrr's faction has to do with anything .-.

Reactions: Zyrr

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can you even try to make sense? Even a little? He came in here asking about TE ship, if they we based off Helghast designs. I hardly see what Zyrr's faction has to do with anything .-.
    Zyrr's faction is called helghast

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    To clarify, Tartaran ships are indeed inspired by the Helghast ships in a few aspects, but overall they are their own style. However, I understand where you are coming from, Cybertooth.

My faction, as the name would imply, is indeed based off of the Helghast from Killzone. I intend to recreate the Helghast cruiser and the Khage if at all possible. If you're interested at all with the Helghast theme in StarMade, I'd recommend that you pop over to my faction page (http://starmadedock.net/threads/helghast-federation-recruiting.34/) or talk to me in chat.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Zeveryn and Nauvran
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Dropping in to wish you guys the best, and to encourage potential recruits to consider joining up with the TE. Without me around, I figure things will be less strict.

Cybertooth Tartaran ships only use an arc reactor which is indeed inspired by the Helghast Cruiser's Warp Drive, but it is used as a power source similar to the Arc Reactor from Iron Man. Everything else however is my own design.

Zyrr please refrain from advertising on this thread :P

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Dropping in to wish you guys the best, and to encourage potential recruits to consider joining up with the TE. Without me around, I figure things will be less strict.

Cybertooth Tartaran ships only use an arc reactor which is indeed inspired by the Helghast Cruiser's Warp Drive, but it is used as a power source similar to the Arc Reactor from Iron Man. Everything else however is my own design.

Zyrr please refrain from advertising on this thread :p

Apologies :P I couldn't help myself.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Apologies I couldn't attend. Got very busy this weekend with IRL things.

Reaction score
    Results of the election

As of today, The voting polls to elect our new emperor have been closed and counted. The results were clear: Nauvran is voted emperor by near unanimous accord. He is now the face of the empire, and will decide on all matters the founders cannot.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Ohhh how beautiful the skies of Tartarus is.
    Its so red and fine like the blood of fallen foes.
    And the sun, so clear and bright, so big and strong
    Just like the fleet of the empire.