The Sun

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay, I know somebody has to be pretty dang stupid to try this, but I was, and I did.

I got out of my burning ship inside the sun. That's right; me. Unprotected.

I proceeded to start building a space station in the heat of the sun's interior. I got annoyed with how bright it was, so I deleted the station and drifted out of the sun to a nearby station, behind which I spawned a ship with which I flew away.

(the station I built, and the NPC station, were completely unaffected by the sun. By the way, I was trying to block the sun with my station, but I think I'd have to block the entire sector for that to work...)

My friends, Romans, and fellow countrymen; this should not be so. I have lived within a star long enough to grow bored and leave, and yet standing upon lava would burn my legs off.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I thought that had been fixed... I saw a youtube video with someone who flew through it and had missing blocks and damaged ones also. He didn\'t get out, but afterwards he said he was surprised that he didn\'t die. In the videos description he said it was a bug which had been fixed the dayafter he posted the video. Apparently not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, how long ago was the video posted? I did this a few days ago; I haven\'t tested it with the recent updates... maybe I should have done that before posting this. xD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC_fQdMZ3UM

It was posted 4 weeks ago.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That guy never went outside his vehicle. He was zoomed out. When he was out at the end, he was quite a distance from the sun anyways. I\'m not sure what he\'s referring to when he said his survival was a bug, but yes, the sun\'s quite a bit more intense now.

Regardless, it didn\'t damage me as a player last time I checked. After I finish working(which I\'d better get back to now) I\'ll test it again.