The suggestion that must never be real. Ever.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The evil suggestion of death:

Teleportation.

This is a game about ships! Do you want them to be all obsolete!? Destroy the entire point of StarMade's existanece? If so suggest teleportation today :P

Reaction score
    If you think you can take out a capita with teleportation, you are wrong. The only thing that teleportation would do is allow you to travel long distances quickly. Therefore, there is nothing bad about teleportation

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Wut? How do you not see!? Ships! Useless! Everything dumb and boring! Hyperspace jumps yes. That\'s for travelling across long distances quickly. Hyperspace jumps should use their own kind of fuel, but sub-movement, the current form of intergalactic travel, should still use its nice power generators. Sub movemet fuel = death.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hyperspace is a good suggestion, but never teleportation. It\'s much better to actually use the ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I take my inspiration from Star Trek. Teleporters require energy, are short-ranged, and cannot be activated while shields are \"up\". This means that teleporters would be useful to only go to planets from orbit and back. For the shields part, I am open to suggestion, but there may need to be a \"deactivate shields\" button in the structure panel.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since it must never be real, it must never exist, thus this thread shall not exist anymore, being deleted in 1 hour.

Reaction score
    1) Teleportation is ranged and schema would be an idiot not to make it that way if he did put teleportation into the game.

2) Teleportation would require an immense amount of power to work, something only large capital ships, space stations and planets can achieve.

3) Teleportation won\'t work if the targets shields are up.

even minecraft has teleportation commands and blocks to make use of commands.

Reaction score
    Well starmade have teleportation commands as well..just no command blocks. Else I agree with what you say

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, I teleport all day, and the universe still exists... so it\'s not something that would destroy StarMade :D

Because you still need ships to deal damage ! Not only for travelling, but for carrying items (more than the slots in your inventory), for attacking others, or for defending from everyone else !

Reaction score
    Shields needing to be down in order to teleport doesnt make any logical sense. Sure you cold say that the energy from the shields could mess up the transport beam and you could re-assemble inside out, but if that were the case, then how can communications het trhough the shield just fine? How do energy based weapons get through your own shields? It just doesnt make sense.

Beaming down to a planet, sure. needing to drop shields to do so, makes no logical sense.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What I said still makes sense.

If there are no ships cus of insta travel, then how do you destroy a base, or kill something, or defend yourself from being bombed, or such :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    in star trek at least, phasers a fired through a temporary hole in the sheilds. in case you were wondering

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Personal teleportation isn\'t a bad idea. Like from a base to a ship could be useful so you don\'t have to fly around for hours to get somewhere. I don\'t see how this would be bad since it only moves a player, not there ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Personal teleportation makes no difference when a player can buy the ship anywhere in the universe, it\'s practically ship teleportation.

\"Hardcore\" servers are rare, and even those are flawed as there are always ways to get rich, fast.

Reaction score
    Teleportation for players between ships and stations make sence. In star trek phasers and teleport beams pass through your own ships sheilds beacuse you know the sheild frequency. So we should be able to teleport through our own factions sheilds, but not others.

As for ship transport im still in favor of warp gates that vary in size. on a planet for ppl, or in space for ships. With a ui that allows you to select already owned or nuetral warpgates of compatable size.

Also add some sort of warp drive/ftl for massive ships only. Have a massive power requirment and recharge for the jump drive.

With these in place they will alow for some crazy server designs and amazing role play, when wanted. not to mention a much faster way to move around in a space station or around your galaxy.

Edit: Spelling

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I hate being blown up by my own turrets while trying to salvage an enemy ship.