The state of the wiki.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I have been going through the wiki, and decided that I would like to help update the site.

But there's a few things that prevent me from doing so.

The biggest one is the "wrapper" that puts on the Mediawiki image, the copyright usage image (the CC thing), and a few links to the main StarMade site. If you view the internal pages (as in, not the main start page), this wrapper overlaps the bottom part of the wiki page. Nothing a wiki editor can do will fix this, since it's not part of the editable stuff we can access. This bottom part only appears to render correctly on Microsoft Edge, which I ain't using. On Chrome and Firefox, this issue exists. Can we have someone with the right access and privileges take a look at this issue and fix it if possible?

Another thing is, where can we go to get the proper info to populate the pages? There used to be formulas and such that seem to have disappeared from many of the pages.

Also, perhaps there should be a forum section specifically for the wiki? I don't think I'm that blind to have missed one, and there doesn't seem to be another one that is appropriate.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe need a screenshot? I haven't edited the wiki before, but logged in and didn't see anything that looked like an overlapping problem in that area which would prevent editing (in Chrome or Pale Moon [a Firefox derivative]). Maybe I didn't understand or just failed to activate the problem.

Some pre-disaster wiki pages can be found in Internet Archive: Wayback Machine.

The wiki forum area sounds like a good idea. There is a "talk" meta-page for each wiki page. But I think those are more useful for identification or debate of specific page edits, whereas concept discussion or thoughts on new pages or organization wouldn't really fit there.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    The bottom of the EMP effect computer page.

It doesn't prevent editing, per se, it prevents reading the bottom parts of wiki pages.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ah, it seems to be related to the size of the window. On another computer I do see the issue unless I maximize the browser window; that computer has slightly less screen resolution than the one I normally use.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yea, I see it. It's an issue I thought was eliminated a while ago, clearly not.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Ah, it seems to be related to the size of the window. On another computer I do see the issue unless I maximize the browser window; that computer has slightly less screen resolution than the one I normally use.
    Yeah, I can confirm that it is related to the window size. However, it should be resizing properly, and adding a bit more of a scrollbar to the right. Oh well.

Yea, I see it. It's an issue I thought was eliminated a while ago, clearly not.
    Is it fixable? Perhaps there was an update that put back the old code which is slightly broken?

Reaction score
    Hi folks.

I am looking 4 some User they i can ask by problems or so in the StarMade-Wiki. I will help to translate them in german.
    Now i look 4 german wiki support stuff.
    My wiki profile are Lord DarkSide

P.S.
    I missing a "Community Support" side in there.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Hi folks.

I am looking 4 some User they i can ask by problems or so in the StarMade-Wiki. I will help to translate them in german.

P.S.
    are you having problems with the wiki? I can help.

Did you say you wanted to translate the wiki into german?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi folks.

P.S.
    We have a kind of odd multi language support on the wiki at the moment. I'll look into adding an extension that makes it easier.

Reaction score
    The Wikipedia use a "Translate" Extention, that can section/part translate.
    I know that, becorse i have a localhost wiki on my PC, only 4 my use and learning.:giggle:
    [doublepost=1564658560,1564658424][/doublepost]
    are you having problems with the wiki? I can help.

Did you say you wanted to translate the wiki into German?
    Yip, i do.

I use the suffix "Article name/de" 4 the German version (Like wikipedia).
    And i cant on your UserProfile Disk. leave a notice..... then came a error msg.

No such action
    The page is being handled by Structured Discussions, but the Title class indicates that the content model is 'wikitext'. This is a misconfiguration or inconsistent state. For example, this may actually be a non-Structured Discussions page in a Structured Discussions namespace, with rev_content_model not populated.

Return to StarMade Wiki.
    That came on them.
    SM-Wiki-Crimson-Artist

And is the IRC SMD Channel a Idle chan, also death?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I have look in Discord for SM and not found........
    In them are my account name the same as here.