The StarMade Spider

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

I watched the official StarMade trailer, and I was intrigued when I saw this 'StarMade Spider' like thing:
    StarMade_Spider.jpg
    So I was wondering what this is? And if it is in the game yet. Or if it is some kind of mod.

D

Deleted member 392097

yeah they spawn at decaying space stations
    Oh, I have never seen them there... Is there any way in the config file to increase how much they spawn? And what are their capabilities?

Reaction score
    idk i play on server because there is less lag. But i know they spawn on decayed stations. If you hang out inside them long enough they will attack you. They are inside the stations.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    :-D
    Interesting video. The biggest issue with the mech spiders is they tend to clip through the planet and cause a lot of lag. The other issue is that the AI seems to want to aim down at the planet and reverse, but the spiders don't have thrusters so they wind up getting pushed into the planet with the push effect. I have another video where one spider actually follows and attacks me, but I haven't posted it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Oh, I have never seen them there... Is there any way in the config file to increase how much they spawn? And what are their capabilities?
    My experience is that they only show up on the original derelict starbase, not the ones that have been recently added. Because of all the new bases that were added you will see it much less often. The spiders were added as a test for future AI additions, so I'm not surprised it hasn't been incorporated more widely yet.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Panda, I dont like saying this, but you genuinely do not pay attention to these forums at all if you did not know this was in the game yet. Within an hour of release people already figured out it was in the game and posted about it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Panda, I dont like saying this, but you genuinely do not pay attention to these forums at all if you did not know this was in the game yet. Within an hour of release people already figured out it was in the game and posted about it.
    proly closer to 10 minutes... lol

Reaction score
    They don't spawn in the new stations unfortunately, so your chances of seeing them before that is fixed is slim to none.