The Red’s faction shipyard

Reaction score
    Welcome to the official thread about “The Red’s faction”

Red’s are peaceful faction of workers and explorers, but they can easily fight back in case of foreign aggression

Functionality and efficiency will be on a first place, but we won’t forget about visual appearance

Ship classification:

Corvettes – 100 – 200m

Frigates – 200 – 400m

Cruisers – 400 – 600m

Heavy cruisers – 600 – 1000m

Battle cruisers – 1000 – 2000m

Dreadnought – 2000m+

Current plans:

4 stations:

Tier-1: basic station with 2 small shipyards, 6 docks for corvette class ship’s
    90% of exterior complete
    40% of interior complete

Tier-2: upgraded station, 2 small shipyards, 2 shipyards capable to produce frigates, 12 docks for corvette class ship’s, 2 docs for frigates

Tier-3: advanced station, 2 small shipyards, 2 shipyards capable to produce heavy cruisers, 12 docks for corvette class ship’s, 6 docs for frigates, 1 dock for heavy cruiser

Tier-4: who knows? ;)

Some ships:

Base harvester: 50m long, 6k harvest array, 8 spots for small turrets

90% of exterior complete
    40% of interior complete

Last edited:

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Red eh? We already have a RedEagle, I can see this being confusing...

Reaction score
    Screenshots of basic faction harvester

starmade-screenshot-0000.png
    starmade-screenshot-0001.png

50m long, 8 points for mount small turrets
    can be used as small freighter

Reactions: Scypio
    Reaction score
    Really bulky, you might want to make a longer salvage array and engines. Like 10/20 blocs wouldn't be bad and it would look less like a giant box.

Reaction score
    Really bulky, you might want to make a longer salvage array and engines. Like 10/20 blocs wouldn't be bad and it would look less like a giant box.
    Good suggestion, but if I do that it want fit into Tier-1 station shipyard

At this moment I'm thinking about increasing size of Tier-1 station to be able build slightly bigger ships

Reaction score
    I say leave it as it is.

Heresy, I hear some of you cry. *dodges the bolter-round to the head*

Hear me out:

Sure, its very brickish. But you know what, it does the job it was built to do, right?
    That job being two-part.
    1: mine asteroids
    2: fit within the shipyards of the faction station that is meant to build it.

Well, it clearly does both of those, and isn't a "mere" system-brick with just a layer of cheap-ass hull over it.
    Equally important, it doesn't look like a flying penis while doing it, which it gets closer to doing if you stretch it out at all.

It is a fairly detailed brick too, with some of it's "brickish-ness" coming from the details around the salvage array. (even I can see you built that as a tube, then decorated it)

Some more of the "brickish-ness" comes from filling the potential void-space between the upper engine blocks, and then doing the same to the lower blocks.
    Yes, the detachable cargo pods needed to go somewhere, and I can't think of anywhere else to have put them, but that is contributing, so be mindfull if you end up doing a re-design anyway.

It quite reminds me of older Peterbuilt, Mack, and Freightliner 18-wheelers (tractor-trailer cabs/pullers/haulers) I loved the hard angles on those, and was saddened when they all switched over to "streamlined" bird-shit.(yes, I know the economics behind why they did it, it is much more fuel-efficient to drive one of the streamlined ones than to drive an old brick, I speak purely of the visual aspect)

Now, it could use some more detailing. Maybe change portions of the hull to Dark Grey. (or, if they are that allready, then to normal Grey)

Or change the "bracing" detailing you do have to a diferent color alltogether. Brown is a popular color for bracing, as is black. Yes, grey is popular too, but usually not on builds that are primarily battleship grey to begin with.
    Maybe add some "access panels". A rectangle/square outline of Hazard armor, with the hull inside that being a 3/4 or even a 1/2 slab would do quite well.
    Hell, maybe toss on a racing-stripe.

Or go for a "two-tone" pattern, where the upper-half of the ship is a different color from the lower.

Or Both!

Reactions: Scypio