The Rail show off thread!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Its the same reason docked power generators create lag. The system is constantly running collision checks.
    then you guys don't know rails too well. by turning off the power on a rail, the collision detector will stop looking for collision as it won't move.
    that's why it took me 10 hours to make a gigantic 35 degree angled door with 8 pieces on 1 line. scrapping the glitches from starmade and the colouring it took me about 3 hours. I made it that if all pieces were in place, the rails would shut off. it was made on request of blackhawk because he noticed lag coming from the door made by collision detectors, after making the system he didn't have the lag anymore.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    then you guys don't know rails too well. by turning off the power on a rail, the collision detector will stop looking for collision as it won't move.
    that's why it took me 10 hours to make a gigantic 35 degree angled door with 8 pieces on 1 line. scrapping the glitches from starmade and the colouring it took me about 3 hours. I made it that if all pieces were in place, the rails would shut off. it was made on request of blackhawk because he noticed lag coming from the door made by collision detectors, after making the system he didn't have the lag anymore.
    Shut off the power to the rails meaning?
    Speed to 0? or some logic magics to the rails?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Rail Based Torpedo Launcher:

Simply, load a "torpedo" onto the rail line. The two activation blocks are a safeguard against accidental launching (it launches when one is on or both). This model can launch small payloads up to 200 m/s, and comes with an included energy supply. Be sure that the laser has a sufficient target to hit to initialize acceleration.

Yada corporations is not responsible for any and all damages resulting from improper loading, firing, and handling. Please keep all packages no greater than 3x3x3 blocks to prevent explosions in the firing chamber.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Shut off the power to the rails meaning?
    Speed to 0? or some logic magics to the rails?
    speed to 0
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440843073,1440842994][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Rail Based Torpedo Launcher:

Simply, load a "torpedo" onto the rail line. The two activation blocks are a safeguard against accidental launching (it launches when one is on or both). This model can launch small payloads up to 200 m/s, and comes with an included energy supply. Be sure that the laser has a sufficient target to hit to initialize acceleration.

Yada corporations is not responsible for any and all damages resulting from improper loading, firing, and handling. Please keep all packages no greater than 3x3x3 blocks to prevent explosions in the firing chamber.

I prefer homing torpedoes, they always go max speed and always hit a target

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I knew that shutting off rails improved it's stability, but I had no idea that it also shuts down collision checking. I am probably going to have to retrofit some of my builds to include this.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I knew that shutting off rails improved it's stability, but I had no idea that it also shuts down collision checking. I am probably going to have to retrofit some of my builds to include this.
    85% sure of that
    100% sure that it causes less lag.