The obvious solution to butter armour and it's pointlessness compared to shields

Want?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There is a custom block in use on my server, a variant on force-fields from the Immersive Blocks mod. These blocks have 250 hp and 98% armor, but are non-physical. What this means is that they resist AMC all day long, but missiles go right through them. You can walk through them, or fly ships through them as well. Since they use the "water" texture, they look REALLY cool using the realistic textures. They are great for strategically armoring your core against drilling, or all manner of decoration.

Reactions: Krazykat
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    There is a custom block in use on my server, a variant on force-fields from the Immersive Blocks mod. These blocks have 250 hp and 98% armor, but are non-physical. What this means is that they resist AMC all day long, but missiles go right through them. You can walk through them, or fly ships through them as well. Since they use the "water" texture, they look REALLY cool using the realistic textures. They are great for strategically armoring your core against drilling, or all manner of decoration.
    Immersive Block forcefields actually had 5hp and 95% armor. This was to stop small arms fire, but still could be destroyed by a ships weapons.
    They also use a custom texture, but that is easy enough to change.

EDIT: just read variant. I need my morning coffee >.>

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    We're getting a ship HP system to correct hulls being useless.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just any hp changes will only balance certain size.
    Weapon array size scales with; x*y*z as in 2*2*2=8 (exponentially), while hull thickness scales with x*2, y*2, z*2 = linearly.

You can argue that there is more hull to shoot at, but fact is that penetration is the important factor. Can you get damage inside this barrier? Killing hull blocks only would buff the enemy speed by reducing mass :D

I would like an option to have armour of hit blocks also affect how much shield is drained - or count armour by 1/2... (would encourage to have at least 1 layer hardened hull).
    Then armour/shield-ignoring dis-integrators would be perfect to create some weak spots in this thin layer of /"for the most part immunity"/

Last edited: