The new navigation tab is causing problems.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The new category tab (that blue scroll down menu) has an extremely annoying tendency to stay open. This is causing problems on my phone browser since the "tab" button is covered up, meaning that I have absolutely no way of closing it.

Problem? Well, it is also covering up the messages, notification and half of the navigation tools of the site... With absolutely no way to close it (did I miss something?).

I suggest either removing it and reverting to prior settings or just making it close when an option is chosen on it (or by pressing on the blue part?)

Before you ask, I'm not the only user that has issues with that new navigation tab (look at replies).

Edit: tried with a different browser, same result :(

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    And me. Makes the site unusable on mobile, which is unacceptable.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Ok, it's really really really bad now. It's covering up the entire top portion of the website.... I had to fidle with text size settings just to be able to access the forums!

A nice little fix: make it NOT AUTOMATICALLY OPENED!!!

Seriously... this is really aggravating.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wish I had a solution, but I'm actually having this problem right now.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Wish I had a solution, but I'm actually having this problem right now.
    I'm wondering why the thing was added in the first place. From what I see there was already two other pretty visual ways of navigating around.

Reaction score
    And while were at it: Please remove that marquee crap at the bottom of the page again. Firefox's average CPU usage is rising by an incredible 10% if I enable JavaScript on this site. Quite a lot for a feature that noone needs.

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    And while were at it: Please remove that marquee crap at the bottom of the page again. Firefox's average CPU usage is rising by an incredible 10% if I enable JavaScript on this site. Quite a lot for a feature that noone needs.
    That too... Happens with every browser, not only firefox

resba

administrator
    Reaction score
    This problem appears to be fixed, can I get a validation on this from the people who were having problems?

Reaction score
    Edit: Oh. I believe now that resba referred to the original problem. I highjacked this thread since essentially it was about today's modifications which also introduced the marquee. And I was wondering why I had to prove CPU usage with a screenshot... :/

Mind taking a screenshot somehow so we can hand it off to the appropriate people?

It'd be a huge help!
    Javascript is off, marquee not running, and Firefox nowhere to be seen in the process list.
    js_off.png

Javascript is on, marquee running, and Firefox suddenly takes the place at the top. The CPU usage value will never drop below 11%, 13% seems to be average.
    js_on.png

Also: I never did report this, but the site has been displaying a hash value (painted black in my images) at the bottom left since its launch. I guess it's the session ID, since it keeps changing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    resba the navigation tab appears to be fixed, I just tested it on two different phones.

der_scheme That problem isn't new, I've been having it since day 1. I just suggest that you zoom in so that you don't see the banner (lowered cpu for me).

Last edited by a moderator:

Audentio

Web Designer
    Reaction score
    1. I thought we mentioned the site was NOT mobile-friendly (until today that is) -- if we did not apologies
    2. The site is mobile friendly now so I imagine these issues will be gone now.

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    1. I thought we mentioned the site was NOT mobile-friendly (until today that is) -- if we did not apologies
    2. The site is mobile friendly now so I imagine these issues will be gone now.
    thanks a lot. It was actually mobile friendly during the first 2 days :P

Audentio

Web Designer
    Reaction score
    thanks a lot. It was actually mobile friendly during the first 2 days :p
    I assure you it wasn't :P. It took me the last 3 days to get it fully responsive and mobile-friendly :D

Reaction score
    Topic marquee: Adding this to the filter list of any content blocker will stop the marquee.
    Code:
    assets2.star-made.org/assets/xenforo-7d6cf8296aee6b22001bf1b707c04934.js

Audentio

Web Designer
    Reaction score
    Topic marquee: Adding this to the filter list of any content blocker will stop the marquee.
    Code:
    assets2.star-made.org/assets/xenforo-7d6cf8296aee6b22001bf1b707c04934.js
    Why would you want to? Is it hurting anyone?