The Longbow

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is the Longbow.
    starmade-screenshot-0011.png
    I've been working on her for awhile now. I almost scrapped her when we had all the weapon/shield updates, but fortunately I was able to rework the systems. Her exterior is pretty plain, but I've been doing a lot of interior work here lately.

Latest work: Medical bay
    starmade-screenshot-0001.png 5 Beds plus an operating table, switch controlled lights and a cubicle for the Doctor on duty

Another recent addition is the officer deck's head:
    starmade-screenshot-0003.png
    Showers, urinals and toilets (behind the doors), everything needed for a crew's bodily functions.

Next up: Enlisted crew quarters:
    starmade-screenshot-0002.png
    Sleeps 8. open doorway leads to rec area (not yet made)

And finally, the forward dorsal maintenance corridor:
    starmade-screenshot-0004.png
    Shield capacitor access (foreground). Visible in background is access to the forward vertical missile launcher.
    EDIT: looking at this picture, I think I'll add yellow lighting above the grates covering the shield capacitors.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I can see a little "rebel blockade runner" there, looks pretty good. I like what you did with interiors, I always have trouble with them but yours look pretty good. I'd suggest using the tetra and penta blocks to get the corners of the boxes looking nice and sharp. I'd also look nice if you broke up the hull a bit with greebles or more armor plating/color, as right now it's a bit flat and monotonous. And I feel you on the weapons update. I had to completely gut all of my ships and it's absolutely depressing to have to empty and rebuild them (not to mention confusing)!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I can see a little "rebel blockade runner" there, looks pretty good. I like what you did with interiors, I always have trouble with them but yours look pretty good. I'd suggest using the tetra and penta blocks to get the corners of the boxes looking nice and sharp. I'd also look nice if you broke up the hull a bit with greebles or more armor plating/color, as right now it's a bit flat and monotonous. And I feel you on the weapons update. I had to completely gut all of my ships and it's absolutely depressing to have to empty and rebuild them (not to mention confusing)!
    Lol, yeah. It didn't start out as a blockade runner, but by the time I got to the front I realized how similar it was. Oh well, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

The outside is really plain. I keep dong things to it, but haven't like anything I've tried so far :) so for now, I'm doing the interior and waiting for inspiration to hit me on the exterior, lol.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So I'm trying to get some interior stuff done and then I'm going to submit it for inclusion in the starmade trailer. Had a lot of work done, but lost a days worth when my server bugged out and my ship disappeared (moral of the story: blueprints are our friend, use them often).

starmade-screenshot-0000.png
    This is Aux. Control, it is also where the real weapon CPUs are located (center mass of the ship, so well protected.

starmade-screenshot-0001.png
    This is the bridge. Everything here is purely decorative

starmade-screenshot-0002.png Starboard side Missile/Pulse Cannons. There is another one of these on the port side, and they pack one hell of a punch.

starmade-screenshot-0003.png
    Starboard view of the ventral Beam/Cannon array with overdrive effect.

starmade-screenshot-0004.png
    And finally, she almost has her full compliment of turrets.

I probably won't get everything done (there is still a ton of unfilled space), but I think I'll have a worthy entry for the trailer.

Reactions: Rumcajz