The Karnaer Federation: Apply today!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    *DEFUNCT*

The Karnaer Federation

The Karnaer Federation, or KF, is a faction created by myself, MineCatFTW, designed around being the most efficient, most profitable faction in StarMade. You may know me as the former second-in-command of the Lazarus Imperium, and if you do you know I have much experience in running a faction. It’s been a while since I’ve been active in the faction side of StarMade, so I decided to try my hand at making and running a faction. Throughout my experience in StarMade faction stuff, I’ve learned a few things I’ve applied to this faction regarding how to run a faction efficiently. Here are the three most important things I learned:

1. Size:

I’ve found through helping run the Lazarus Imperium and observing other factions, that keeping track of members is often difficult, leading to inefficiency. I have countered this by implementing a soft member limit. This means that the more members I have in the faction, the harder it is to get in. An example of this would be the first member to join would have a much more relaxed application process than the twelfth member to join. This will help keep the size easily manageable. I’ve also implemented weekly activity check/progress report from each member. This leads me to the next issue:

2. Awareness:

When a faction member does something, builds a new ship, adds a megaturret to the homebase, they may not ever receive credit or someone may take their stuff, as well as the faction leader or his/her deputies will not be up to date on the current faction status. To help counter this, I’ve created a list of everything the faction owns or has done, which every report will add to, as well as whenever the faction makes a decision regarding politics or other important members. This will help keep all of the members up to date, as well as a way for the faction leaders to track the going-ons of the faction.

3: Strategy:

Before I go any farther, I will state that in the Lazarus, we were a mostly neutral faction. Thus, I have little experience in the way of StarMade tactics and strategy. But this is one area that this faction will need to be effective in, and I am open to anyone willing to help out with this. That said, strategy will be a large part of this faction. What strategy means is making something worth more than the sum of its parts, and this is quite important for this faction, because of the member limit.

With all that said, you can see this is not the faction for slackers, and the application process is very selective. I recruit only the best, and if you do get into the faction, you will not be able to lay around and do nothing, or only when it suits you. Here are the rules that make sure of it:

The Rules:

1. Inactivity:

This faction has a very strict inactivity policy. Through weekly activity checks, I see who is inactive and who is active. If you miss two weekly checks, you are put on probation. If you miss four, you are kicked out of the faction. These punishments can be bypassed if you tell me or another member how long you’ll be inactive, and I won’t punish you for not responding.

2. Probation:

Probation is where you get put if you have done something against the rules, or have been inactive for two weeks or more. It’s basically stasis, where you are technically part of the faction, but you have no privileges and cannot act in the faction’s name. If you understand probation is a bad thing, put cool somewhere in your app. You will leave probation either through a petition which must be signed by another member, or when your probation period ends.

3. Respect:

This is a pretty simple one: Don’t be an ass. Respect other members, respect other faction members, even in wartime, and never lose your cool. We don’t have room for explosive personalities in the KF. If you disrespect another member, probation for a week. If you disrespect a different faction/faction member, I’ll review the situation, and if I deem it necessary, probation depending on the severity. If while on probation, you further disrespect someone, I’ll kick you out. It’s simple: Respect other people, and you’ll be fine.

4. Duties:

In this faction you will be given various duties. You are expected to carry out said duties to their fullest within the time limit. If it’s a duty you are incapable of performing, get another member who is able to perform it to do it for you, perhaps in exchange for a duty you can perform. A duty can be anything from a scouting op against pirates to making X credits before the end of the of the week. If you fail to complete a duty without either contacting a senior member or getting another member to help with it, we will look in to it. It may lead to probation, but most likely we will try to work it out with you. If you make no effort to fix it up, we will look into further punishment.

5. Warfare:

The KF will engage in combat with other factions, and this further accentuates the need for full awareness of the faction and its current capabilities. This is why I need people to file for inactivity, and why I will require members to participate in monthly (or more frequent) wargame events, to keep our skills sharp. The KF requires its members to be active enough that if a war pops up, that all members can respond within a day or two, and we can repel the attack. If you fail to report to a server to help in the war effort within two days, we will look into why. This helps keep us on our toes, and increase our efficiency in case of an attack.

6. Reapplying:

If you are kicked out for any reason, you may reapply after a period of two weeks. If you were kicked for inactivity, I’ll judge it as any regular app. If you were kicked for disrespect, I’ll judge it much harsher than normal. If you were kicked for another reason (spying, treason, etc), I wouldn’t even bother reapplying. I’ll look at it to be fair, but there is very little chance for acceptance.

7. Promotions:

Promotions can be a finicky thing in other factions. Oftentimes it ends up whoever the people in power like get the higher ranks, even though they may be less active and effective than the grunt they ignored. I’m proud to say this almost never happened in the Lazarus, and I want to continue that spirit here. To do this, any Ensign, if they feel that they deserve it, can request a promotion to the Officer rank. If they have been active for over a month, have never been on probation in that time, and have shown themselves to be a good leader, they will get the promotion. Promotions to an Overlord position is different. To be promoted to this position, there needs to be an open position, and the selection process will be handled by myself and the other remaining Overlords.

These rules are designed to keep this faction active, efficient, and an overall good faction worthy of participating in StarMade.

Application Form:

This is what you post on this thread. Once you post, I’ll contact you later to set up the second part of our application process.

Here is what mine would be:

IGN:MineCatFTW

Time playing StarMade: About a year

Reasons for joining the KF: I wanted an organized, tight-knit faction. I decided to combine aspects of all the different factions I’ve been in or known of, and their best traits combined with my ideas

What you enjoy in StarMade: I enjoy both building and organizing a faction, but need some practice piloting.

How you found StarMade: A friend sent me a Youtube video of it, and I was like DOOOOOOD.

Do you have Skype: (y/n) Yes

How many hours a DAY can you be active in StarMade: An hour ingame, 1-2 forumside

Preferred role: (pilot, strategist, builder, trader/miner, politicking, may choose two) Builder/politics

What do you think of the rules? They’re cool

Timezone: (in GMT) GMT-6

Other factions you have been a member of: Lazarus Imperium

Other factions you are CURRENTLY a part of (if this is true, it will require special permission by me and the other leader): None

After I review this part, I will contact you to set up our in-game testing for combat skills, no matter your preferred role. This will require us to meet on a server, meaning we will need some way of connecting, I prefer Hamachi. If you understand this, put very before your cool.

For the first few weeks I will be looking for effective leadership in my first few members, so show off your skills!

Our current roster:

Grand Overlord: MineCatFTW

Overlords:

Tactics and Combat:
    dark_J

The Navy:

Officers:

Ensigns:

Recruits:

Resources and Management:

The Civil Corps:

Officers:

Ensigns:

Recruit:

When you are first accepted, you are an Recruit. You get our protection, and some resources to carry out your first assignment or two. If you successfully complete your first assignments, and are fully active for a week, then you are promoted to an Ensign. Here you are a full member of the faction. NOTE: as an Recruit, unless under extenuating circumstances, you MUST be active that first week. If you aren’t and have no excuse, then I’ll kick you out, and you’ll have to reapply.

Ensigns are the basic member of the faction, and have full ingame rights as a member. They can use any ship they like/can afford, preferably a relatively nice-looking one (no doomcubes), and participate in both wargames and regular assignments. They will be promoted to Officer by either showing leadership in some way, or being active and helpful for an extended period of time. Most members will be Ensigns.

An Officer is a step up, with command over any Ensigns designated to him/her. They can assign routine assignments to Ensigns, and have a larger say in major faction decisions (war, alliances, etc). An Officer is the highest rank most people will achieve. There are only the three Overlord slots, meaning to get one an Overlord has to leave, or other similar circumstances.

An Overlord is one of the Triumvirate, the three members who command the entire KF. They are the ones who have the final say in most faction members, but most vote on more important decisions. I am one of these members, but I will be looking for others to join me up here, as I said. Members of the Triumvirate must be the best and most active members to both get this high and stay this high. If you aren’t active as an Overlord without excuse, you’ll be temporarily demoted, as the position is very important. The Tactics and Combat Overlord is in charge of devising tactics and strategies, as well as getting them implemented in combat. They command the Navy. The Resource and Management Overlord is in charge of making sure the KF has the necessary resources available, and is also partially in charge of recruitment. They command the Civil Corps. The Grand Overlord deals with politics with other factions, as well as gives orders to the other Overlords.

The KF operates on a 2/3 majority vote system. Every Ensign has 1 vote, every Officer has 2, and Overlords have 4. Recruits do not get a vote until they become an Ensign. Every major decision is voted on, be it an alliance, a declaration of war, or other important matters. If said decision gets more than 2/3 of the vote, it passes. If a member does not cast their vote before the deadline, they are ignored for that decision.

Each member is associated with their skillset stated in their application, and will be assigned duties according to their skillset. This mostly means that, using my app as an example, I would often be assigned to build a ship of a certain class, (Builder), or to open relations with another faction (Politician).

To keep track of progress, every week each member must report in to either an Overlord or their immediate superior. This serves as both an activity check, and as a progress report. In the report, they must say anything and everything they did for the faction, otherwise they will not receive credit for their work, and assignments they completed may be counted as incomplete.

Thanks for reading, and don’t be put off by all the rules. If you think you have what it takes, apply to the Karnaer Federation today!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    you say you are open for anyone willing to help you right, in dealing with strategy correct. I will be willing to help. I have experience in strategy, tactics, fleet setup, and dealing with factions of any size. Which can be used for you to help you defend or attack regardless of member count.

nice detail we can tell it took you awhile to put together this.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Good luck to you. BTW for a server I suggest Infinite Havoc

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    you say you are open for anyone willing to help you right, in dealing with strategy correct. I will be willing to help. I have experience in strategy, tactics, fleet setup, and dealing with factions of any size. Which can be used for you to help you defend or attack regardless of member count.

nice detail we can tell it took you awhile to put together this.
    Just fill out the application form and we can get started!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey cat, glad to see you're active again, I wish your new faction all the best, i'm sure the Karnaer federation will do fine with you in charge :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Holy crap, most organized start-up faction ever since the U.N.S.C.! Good luck with this MineCat! I hope we can have good relations in the future. ;)

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Dear MineCatFTW,

Greetings! I represent the Helghast Federation, a little roleplaying faction based on NASS. I'm here to offer your faction, the Karnaer Federation, a Non-Aggression Pact in the interests of keeping relations between our members favourable. Best wishes for your faction, it is very well set up!

Cheers,
    Zyrr
    Chancellor of the Helghast Federation

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dear MineCatFTW,

Greetings! I represent the Helghast Federation, a little roleplaying faction based on NASS. I'm here to offer your faction, the Karnaer Federation, a Non-Aggression Pact in the interests of keeping relations between our members favourable. Best wishes for your faction, it is very well set up!

Cheers,
    Zyrr
    I respectfully accept this generous offer from the Helghast Federation.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I respectfully accept this generous offer from the Helghast Federation.
    Dear MinecatFTW,

Fantastic! I look forward to seeing your faction progress in the future.

Cheers,
    Zyrr

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    <Incoming Transmission>

Hail, MinecatFTW and the Karnaer Federation!

It seems you have replaced me in being the most well-thought-out new faction to date, although that's probably due to past experience and... lengthy development time. May I humbly suggest Infinite Havoc (despite it still having a bit of a 24/7 Connection Lost issue) and the NASS's main server for setting yourself up? Both are famished in terms of active member count and more activity on them would be greatly appreciated by all who participate there. I do suggest that you do not go straight for the Rebel Alliance's public server however; don't let the big number count fool you. It's not a good place for up-and-coming factions. I'm surprised the Adenian Empire still has a presence there.

May your faction grow strong, and remember! Faction Modules are 100% Water!

High Admiral Evan Darksky of Classis I, Capitol Fleet of the Adenian Empire

<End Transmission>

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    <Incoming Transmission>

It seems you have replaced me in being the most well-thought-out new faction to date, although that's probably due to past experience and... lengthy development time. May I humbly suggest Infinite Havoc (despite it still having a bit of a 24/7 Connection Lost issue) and the NASS's main server for setting yourself up? Both are famished in terms of active member count and more activity on them would be greatly appreciated by all who participate there. I do suggest that you do not go straight for the Rebel Alliance's public server however; don't let the big number count fool you. It's not a good place for up-and-coming factions. I'm surprised the Adenian Empire still has a presence there.

<End Transmission>
    I'll definitely take this into consideration.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've decided on NASS Main and Infinite Havoc as the main servers for the KF once I get some members.

Reaction score
    <Incoming Transmission>

<End Transmission>
    I completely agree with you about the Rebel Alliance server there is so much bad I don't know where to start XD.

Reaction score
    Got our first Overlord! Dark_J is now Overlord of Tactics and Combat!
    its dark_J not Dark_J :P. I hope you typed in the correct username for the faction invite because its case sensitive :P. BTW I already got me self set up on the NASSZONE main server and keptick gave me 100m free credits to start of with :D!

Reaction score
    Hey MineCatFTW I just finished revamping the Retaliator (my awesome white plated ship you liked :D) also I revamped your MainFighter I added some decorative engines and weapon outputs and I made it powerstable when firing its weapons when its not moving :D. also its renamed the sparrow because I thought that sounded like a fitting name and MainFighter was a rather bland name :P.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey MineCatFTW I just finished revamping the Retaliator (my awesome white plated ship you liked :D) also I revamped your MainFighter I added some decorative engines and weapon outputs and I made it powerstable when firing its weapons when its not moving :D. also its renamed the sparrow because I thought that sounded like a fitting name and MainFighter was a rather bland name :p.
    Awesome. I hadn't quite finished it yet, but nonetheless good work.

Reaction score
    Awesome. I hadn't quite finished it yet, but nonetheless good work.
    also I have started construction on a multi purpose battleship that fills all the fleets needs :D! it can mine, carry fighters, is fitted with doomsday weapons and is fitted with item transport shuttles so it can deal with resource management :D!