The Infinite Legion

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Brief interim to fix the several blocks damage your base swarmers did to one of my drones, gotta keep em looking spiffy

Reaction score
    If you hadn't jumped at the convenient timing where your shields almost went down I'd believe you would have taken a beating. Magnolias are armor tanks afaik so killing it's shields weren't relevant.
    Magnolias may be armor tanks, but they are absolutely terrible armor tanks, we have the BP of it remember? Watch the video why don't you? the Magnolias' turrets were being shot off the ship left right and center, and the ship itself took a considerable beating.

Nauvran and Thadius aren't Thryn members, genius. I'm not sure why you're calling us "forum warriors" when you're doing more "forum warrioring" than I am.
    Go to your profile and look at the amount of funny ratings you have given on your profile, and if you guys don't ever log in except for under an alt faction, what else do you do for this community?

Creating alts and "shitposting", lying and being generally hostile is your idea of doing pvp?
    I don't like arguing with people who are not involved in the conflict (In Fact I don't like arguing period)
    But...
    Alts are mostly zoro and redalert looking for some shits and gigs, not the entire Vaygr, shitposintg is the same.
    Lying? go look at the this, The Thryn [recruiting] then consider who is the bigger bullshitter here.
    Our idea of PVP is actual ingame actions, the forums are not a priority, we do much more ingame stuff than zoro and redalert does forum warrior crap.
    When we are not on public servers doing skrimishes and battles, we are usualy on our buildserver doing wargame practices to perfect our strategies and building new ships, we also love dicking around in TS with redalert and zoro with the soundboards and everyone else telling funny shit to us.

I cannot stop you from supporting Thryn and soforth, but please consider who you are supporting and what you are achieving.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457177739,1457177491][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What for? it's a game not real warfare. only half brained idiots believe this is real war and focuses so much on keeping every darn little thing secret so the opposite faction don't know what to do.
    Its not treating it like real war if you do PVP and have Operation Security, ever seen EVE Online? those guys OpSec as if they have spies left right and center.

>scratch some paint on an armor tank
    >call it a curbstomp
    Erm, there was a LOT more damage than just scratched paint, your ship was pretty much retreating because It was in danger of overheating.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Can you lot just shut up for two seconds, nobody actually cares how much damage a ship took, or why somebody jumped away mid battle. If your really that pissed off, stop being keyboard warriors and settle this in-game.
    woah now, i feel slightly misrepresented

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Magnolias may be armor tanks, but they are absolutely terrible armor tanks, we have the BP of it remember? Watch the video why don't you? the Magnolias' turrets were being shot off the ship left right and center, and the ship itself took a considerable beating.

Go to your profile and look at the amount of funny ratings you have given on your profile, and if you guys don't ever log in except for under an alt faction, what else do you do for this community?

I don't like arguing with people who are not involved in the conflict (In Fact I don't like arguing period)
    But...
    Alts are mostly zoro and redalert looking for some shits and gigs, not the entire Vaygr, shitposintg is the same.
    Lying? go look at the this, The Thryn [recruiting] then consider who is the bigger bullshitter here.
    Our idea of PVP is actual ingame actions, the forums are not a priority, we do much more ingame stuff than zoro and redalert does forum warrior crap.
    When we are not on public servers doing skrimishes and battles, we are usualy on our buildserver doing wargame practices to perfect our strategies and building new ships, we also love dicking around in TS with redalert and zoro with the soundboards and everyone else telling funny shit to us.

I cannot stop you from supporting Thryn and soforth, but please consider who you are supporting and what you are achieving.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457177739,1457177491][/DOUBLEPOST]

Its not treating it like real war if you do PVP and have Operation Security, ever seen EVE Online? those guys OpSec as if they have spies left right and center.

Erm, there was a LOT more damage than just scratched paint, your ship was pretty much retreating because It was in danger of overheating.
    Just those two are more than enough and they should stop. What I meant by it was that they set the stereotype for the faction, it's basically what the faction is being remembered for, making shitty alt accounts, not doing pvp.
    Both factions are lying to one another, only reason I trust thryn more is because I know what happens behind the forums but yeah even that is not always sunshine and rainbows.
    Everyone's idea of PvP is just that, but post something about a battle and get a tiny thing wrong and someone (like with this) wil come and shit on you.

likewise.

well those EvE people go to much into it but that's because there are real money at stake with the ships and whatnot. But this is starmade there is absolutely no reason for all this bullshitery that is happening.

Reaction score
    I have to agree with Nauvran. When a battle happens just post a battle report and a video if yiu must. Let the community decide the victor by watching both sides. Things that were lost/gained should be included too!

don't say the enemy retreated under the load of your massive firepower, dont say their ships are shitty designed.

Just freaking fight! I'm over here begging for contracts just to see some kind of action!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I have to agree with Nauvran. When a battle happens just post a battle report and a video if yiu must. Let the community decide the victor by watching both sides. Things that were lost/gained should be included too!

don't say the enemy retreated under the load of your massive firepower, dont say their ships are shitty designed.

Just freaking fight! I'm over here begging for contracts just to see some kind of action!

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Only problem with this is that almost every darn faction lies in the battle reports or somehow make it look good on their side.
    And it doesn't really help when people are biased towards this and that, just like how I'm more trusting in Thryn and you're more trusting in Vaygr.

But well that would be fine enough if people could just keep their dicks in their pants and be nice on the forum, stop with the aggressive stuff even if it's passive or or direct.
    I amongst many others have really had enough of these faction shenanigans that causes the mods to bring out their tools

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Only problem with this is that almost every darn faction lies in the battle reports or somehow make it look good on their side.
    And it doesn't really help when people are biased towards this and that, just like how I'm more trusting in Thryn and you're more trusting in Vaygr.

But well that would be fine enough if people could just keep their dicks in their pants and be nice on the forum, stop with the aggressive stuff even if it's passive or or direct.
    I amongst many others have really had enough of these faction shenanigans that causes the mods to bring out their tools
    Okay we said this in the lounge skype chat yesterday but maybe you didn't see it, so I will just say it here. Please stop, it's getting to be embarrassing.

Sure they have our BP's, they have the upper hand in both resources, economy, and player count, and they have good coordination.
    example:
    "sure it may be an armor tank but it is a terrible armor tank"
    While they do have the BP's and can compare them to what they know as the games meta in their eyes, we don't see eye to eye in that aspect.

They use missiles as their primarily damage dealers, and pride themselves on fleet ships with huge missile arrays and logic swarmers. Each ship can pump out hundreds of medium and low sized warheads per minute. (which is great when their is more than 2 of them, yay server preformace XD)

The big ship (mangolia) blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
    If you saw both Aze's video and Lord Sid's video, you see that each missile lopped off 10-20% of his shields even with 60% ion (which means you need to deal 2.5 times more damage to lop off the same amount of shields that you could of before the passive ion). That's a fair amount of damage against something that supposed to apparently "tank everything and not die".

Because we don't see eye to eye on game mechanics, and both assume we know more than our opponents, when comparing ships we see things that we each say "wow these guys are idiots" and tend to trash all over their design because of our inherent bias and different levels of understanding.
    We think our Magnolia is an excellent armor tanker, they think there Abaddon is an excellent tank all around. We both view the opponents ships as garbage.

It won't change and the best way to settle it is serverside, which we also both view each-other as having little to no participation/activity on and love to label each-other as "fourmwarriors" because we both assume 'well we don't SEE them doing much, so they can't be doing much.

Rhetoric is Rhetoric.

Last edited:

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Okay we said this in the lounge skype chat yesterday but maybe you didn't see it, so I will just say it here. Please stop, it's getting to be embarrassing.
    Arti Im still not part of Thryn and I was talking about the general problem of factions in this community.

Last edited:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Arti Im still not part of Thryn and I was talking about the general problem of factions in this community.
    Well bring it elsewhere please.
    Besides, annoyed people don't listen well. And given that they are constantly livid at the mention of 'Thryn', and you are defending 'Thryn' either by being devils advocate or else, you in their eyes are now "of Thryn" and will more than likely ignore what you say.

Reaction score
    well those EvE people go to much into it but that's because there are real money at stake with the ships and whatnot. But this is starmade there is absolutely no reason for all this bullshitery that is happening.
    Just to change the topic away from the flaming BS:

As a player with an active subscription I just want to say, in EVE the only time real money is at stake is if you are hauling PLEX, and nobody does that because it's sheer stupidity and looked down upon, PLEX is worth about 1.25 billion ISK at the time of writing and cost $20 USD each, however ISK cannot be exchanged for cash only the other way around, so even then it's not really real money that is at stake.

If that is not what you meant when you said that feel free to correct me, I wanna change the subject TBH

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Just to change the topic away from the flaming BS:

As a player with an active subscription I just want to say, in EVE the only time real money is at stake is if you are hauling PLEX, and nobody does that because it's sheer stupidity and looked down upon, PLEX is worth about 1.25 billion ISK at the time of writing and cost $20 USD each, however ISK cannot be exchanged for cash only the other way around, so even then it's not really real money that is at stake.

If that is not what you meant when you said that feel free to correct me, I wanna change the subject TBH
    Last post and I'll hop out of this thread. :P

I was talking about that giant battle that happened a long time ago where there apparently where real money lost because of titans lost in said battle.

Reaction score
    Last post and I'll hop out of this thread. :p

I was talking about that giant battle that happened a long time ago where there apparently where real money lost because of titans lost in said battle.

But in all seriousness no real money was lost in the battle, everything ingame is brought with ISK not real money, I can understand where you're getting confused here, PLEX can be bought with ingame money, but PLEX cannot be sold for real money, only brought.

AAAND now time for me to hop of this thread

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Woah woah woah, hold up there cowboy. I don't know what EVE Online you've been playing, but I don't think not shouting from the rooftops where your fleet is heading counts as "opsec".

Reactions: Reilly Reese
    Reaction score
    Woah woah woah, hold up there cowboy. I don't know what EVE Online you've been playing, but I don't think not shouting from the rooftops where your fleet is heading counts as "opsec".
    Shh.... nobody needs to know ;)