The Hyperion Corporation thanks you for your patience while the Helios is under construction.

Discussion in 'Shipyard' started by Edymnion, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Edymnion

Edymnion Carebear Extraordinaire!

Helios.jpg

Helios Moonbase
      Well, seeing as we've potentially lost Our Lady of Paris (Notre Dame) today, I felt it only fitting that I should start building something new. So, since the Enterprise shell is pretty much done, and since I've been replaying Borderlands 2 in prep for Borderlands 3 coming out later this year, I've decided its time to do a station shell.

And since there's only one station to REALLY speak of in Borderlands, that means its time to build the Helios! And just like the Enterprise, I'm going to be doing it entirely by hand. Although, since we don't have as detailed of views and angles to work from for the Helios, I'm gonna be basically freehanding it based off the above image.

starmade-screenshot-0000.jpg

starmade-screenshot-0001.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    2. DeepspaceMechanic

I just heard the news (from you). What a pity.

But this Helios station actually kinda resembles the main facade of that cathedral, with the big "eye" between the two rectangular towers. Maybe its real-world designers / fictional creators actually took inspiration from the Notre Dame?

Anyways, looking forward to this.

#2 DeepspaceMechanic, Apr 16, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    3. Edymnion

Edymnion Carebear Extraordinaire!

My god for a station that is mostly flat angles this giant letter H has got an insane amount of wedging!

starmade-screenshot-0000.jpg

4. Nauvran

Nauvran Cake Build Server Official Button Presser

how big are you planning this to be, and how accurate is it going to be?
      are you going to have a functional cargocontainer cannon