The Homeworld 2 Project

Reaction score

I've started a project to recreate all the ships from the Homeworld 2 fleets as best I can. That means Vaygr and Hiigaran ships only. Sorry, no Bentusi. =/ I'm shooting for a 1:1 scale and to be as accurate as possible.

Speaking of scale, due to the size of some of the vessals, not all ships will be incluided. Probes and such are too small to really make and the shipyards and motherships are way too large for the game to handle at 1:1 scale as of now. I may do a 1:3 or 1:4 scale of those ships.

I'm going to start with the smallest vessals and work up in size. As vessals get bigger, they will take more time to make. I have a long term goal of you being able to also select your color scheme as well, but that will be after I've completed the ships. Till then, the ships will be made with default colors.

As updates are made to the game, I will go back and update the ships to keep them current with the game.

If there are any problems with the links just let me know.

The Homeworld 2 Project File base:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h8cqz1j64j9mv/The_Homeworld_2_Project

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Taiidan Fleet reporting!

The Interceptors are ready to go but the Assault Frigate it little more than a shell. Turned out much larger than I was prepared for I had aimed for 100m but in the end it was 148m. This was largely due to the turrets. At 100m the turrets were extremely small and hardly worth having. By the time I scaled them up I had to increase the hull 50% to keep the scale close to canon.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Dude nice gifs! I can tell you even though I have never seen HW2 at all these are nice replicas

Reaction score
    i think those gifs are truly the best way to example a truly good piece of work.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Excellent job!!!
    I really like what you did with the gifs too, it really show how well you managed to recreate the ships.

Reaction score
    Please do NOT let this die!!!! I love all of your work. I will get into doing versions of ships you haven't tried yet, on a 1:1 scale. I've mainle stopped myself from doing so due to the fact the game is still missing many weapons and gameplay additions. I suppose i can at least do the frameworks for them. You know shells. But I intend to make them Combat-viable ships. (No interiors, or only the necessary ones)

Reaction score
    Admiral,

Dont worry. While I to have been waiting for Starmade to advance a little as a game I have not given up on it. Nor have I quit working on the Homeworld project. My current work is a frame for a Taiidan Heavy Cruiser. This is one of the largest ship hulls I have attempted to date but its not 1 to 1 scale. The largest homeworld ship the Dreadnought is a 4km long vessel. Starmade at present does not handle ships that cross sectors very well so Im avoiding anything that breaks the 1 km limit.

Anyway, never fear while its not something Im working on endlessly the work does progress!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Gopher, im pretty sure sajuuk is actually the biggest homeworld ship. Of the playable ones anyway. Id love to build it, but as you say, there is a size issue...

Also, I think admirals comment was aimed at vinstar

Reaction score
    Right Sajuuk. Thats the one that's 4km in length. I couldn't remember the name.

"Also, I think admirals comment was aimed at vinstar"
    -Darn and here I thought he was excited about my Taiidan ships. (grumble grumble grumble)

Reaction score
    Please do NOT let this die!!!! I love all of your work. I will get into doing versions of ships you haven't tried yet, on a 1:1 scale. I've mainle stopped myself from doing so due to the fact the game is still missing many weapons and gameplay additions. I suppose i can at least do the frameworks for them. You know shells. But I intend to make them Combat-viable ships. (No interiors, or only the necessary ones)
    As godsgopher said, I'm waiting for the weapons update to go live. My goal has always to make these as real as possible in size and function. It just doesn't feel right to release things like the Vaygr Lance Fighter when it can't shoot lasers like in-game. Rest assured that I won't give up till all ships are made. It may just take a very long time, especially if life keeps being busy and such. The life of a college student. =P

In the mean time, support people like godsgopher in there pursuits to build Homeworld ships for Starmade. I'm not the one all end all when it comes to Homeworld ships. I'm just setting the standard for what I want to see in quality. Some one else can totally out do me. So feel free to create and post your own Homeworld creations here on this thread. I'll try to keep track of them and post them on the main post for others to see. It would be nice to make this the central location for all Homeworld ships.

I'll work on updating the page with the new info soon. (Hopefully) Till then I need to get back to work. =P

Reaction score
    I completely support the idea of making a centralized Homeworld Ships thread. My first big scale ship was a shell for a 1:1 reproduction of the Uchuu Senkan Yamato. Turned out well enough, except for the turret and the fact all weaponry is still missing from the game. Otherwise, Great news! I suppose I'll begin work then on the shells of the designs I want to see sooner. (All them frigates, H1 and H2 era). Also, mind dropping in from where did you got the documentation for the ship sizes? Might as well post that so we can all work on the same base information.

PS.
    godsgopher your Taiidan fleet is looking real nice too!
    Cybertooth Im looking forward for another destroyer :P

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    On a related note, this video seems to have the sizes about right... and mos of them are doable in their original sizes.

I'm about to begin work on the a couple of the gunships and try to aim for the size of the video. If too small (which will probably be) I'll try increments of 10-15% the size until I'm satisfied with the result.

Also i Have the game, and i am able to post screenshots of all angles of a requested ship if you would need those to add details or just to have a more comprehensive aspect of the ship. If you need so.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Vinstar59
    Reaction score
    On a related note, this video seems to have the sizes about right... and mos of them are doable in their original sizes.

I'm about to begin work on the a couple of the gunships and try to aim for the size of the video. If too small (which will probably be) I'll try increments of 10-15% the size until I'm satisfied with the result.

Also i Have the game, and i am able to post screenshots of all angles of a requested ship if you would need those to add details or just to have a more comprehensive aspect of the ship. If you need so.
    Excellent post! The scale in the video is very close to the one I use. Mine is slightly bigger as it makes for more useful ship interiors for the smaller craft. I was also eyeballing it, which is probably the same case for the video so we're in the same ball park. I have both games as well which is why the .gifs work so well as I keep as many details as possible making the transition between images flow well.

Also with the weapons update released I no longer have an excuses to not work on things. =P I'm in my last two weeks of classes for this term and then I'll have a week break before I start the next term. Year round online schooling. =P I do have some extra time the next two weeks though, so I should get some work on this going again. I just got an Xbox One with Titanfall and Watch_Dogs though which has kept me distracted. =P I will make it my goal to release the updated Vaygr Lance Fighter and Vaygr Resource collector within the next 3 weeks. Hopefully more to come after that sooner rather than later.

Reaction score
    Oppa!!
    Well, here be a screenshot of my first attempt at a homeworld replica. I can't make shiny gifs, but I'll provide pics of both the in game ship and the star-made one. Feel free to point out suggestions to improve the design. I am already trying to figure out a way to make the frontal section more "round" or maybe scratch it and start over if quality is overall too bad. The weapons update seems to have...
    made things funny. I'm keeping things to canon in most things, the turret couldn't be smaller or it wouldn't do any damage at all. It succeeds in killing plenty of Isanth's type-Zero. It only has armament on the turrets.

It is not complete yet, it is missing completion of the interiors, which are VERY basic. Getting to the core basically and that is it. It will have As much standard armor as possible, I would like to say it has no shields, but having no shields in this game is not a good idea, hulls aren't good at stopping anything.

Here goes nothin'

Stats *unfinished, approximated data*
    Mass: 450ish
    Length: 43m Width: 21m Height: 9m not counting turrets
    Power: 160k total 40k regen (I need feedback on this values)
    Thrust: 841.8units
    Shields: 100k total 1k regen

Turrets:
    DPS: 150 per turret gun, 300 per turret 600 in total.
    mass: 18.8 per turret
    shields: 10k with 115u/sec regen
    (feedback on all turret specs needed)

Does anyone know how i can remove the green boxes? Even though the screenshot was taken without GUI?

Never mind the above..

PS
    Vinstar59 The video used a rather complex method to measure the ships in the game. I understand he imported the models, turned off NLIPS, and made some accurate guesses with autocad and the ingame measurements.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The front of that vessel appears just a tad stubby.

Reaction score
    Thadius Faran I am already trying to "wedge" it, and change the turret placement to be further in the back. Thanks.

Reaction score
    PS
    Vinstar59 The video used a rather complex method to measure the ships in the game. I understand he imported the models, turned off NLIPS, and made some accurate guesses with autocad and the ingame measurements.[/QUOTE]

I did a similar process. I made a 2x1x1 block and scaled it to what I thought would be a good size for players. Made that my scale for measuring and then stretched it to see how big the vessel was. It's worked so far and the ships get more accurate details the bigger they get as there is more leeway with +-a block. However while my bomber is only 3 meters longer than the video, my destroyer is like 230 meters longer! lol funny how that stuff is exponential.

Over all a solid first pass! I'd focus on the proportions and over the all shape. Those will be the most important things. Shoot for when you look at it from a distance that you forget your playing Starmade. I always make that my goal before cleaning up the details up close. But like I said, great first pass! That turret turned out great!