The game is much worse than it was a year ago for me

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you did an upgrade of your old game to the new version, instead of installing fresh, it may be trying to use an out-of-date version of the configs. There have been an update or two in the past year where the old configs didn't work for people and had to be deleted, so that the game could generate brand-new configs with the new default values.

Reaction score
    The game is based off of non-credits. The fact that you are trying to amass credits to do stuff is probably your problem there, credits are only really good for buying stations or for getting a few blocks that you were missing. The rest is crafting focused.
    That makes no sense though, because at least during the first 12 hours of the game it is around 5 times more efficient to just grind raw materials, sell them raw, buy the blocks you need and repeat, and even after a long time it is still probably 1.5-2x more efficient because any time spent making blocks is time wasted that you could be either mining more raw mats, shuttling them to a shop, or something else productive. I looked at the numbers for almost every block, typically it is 5-100 credits more expensive overall to mine raw minerals, produce blocks with them, and just use the blocks, than it is to sell all the raw mats and just buy the blocks off the store. Given that factories operate on a loss as well as take a long time at low levels, I can't think of any logical reason to use them besides shops running out of certain blocks.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That makes no sense though, because at least during the first 12 hours of the game it is around 5 times more efficient to just grind raw materials, sell them raw, buy the blocks you need and repeat, and even after a long time it is still probably 1.5-2x more efficient because any time spent making blocks is time wasted that you could be either mining more raw mats, shuttling them to a shop, or something else productive. I looked at the numbers for almost every block, typically it is 5-100 credits more expensive overall to mine raw minerals, produce blocks with them, and just use the blocks, than it is to sell all the raw mats and just buy the blocks off the store. Given that factories operate on a loss as well as take a long time at low levels, I can't think of any logical reason to use them besides shops running out of certain blocks.
    Sounds like you found a good shop. The base prices are based on what it cost to make the block, Calbiri went through and made sure each block was the sum of it's parts. But there is a variance in prices, an early and really derpy attempt at "trade" which varies the prices by some amount. People actually got rich quick off shops by abusing that (hence it was nerfed lately).

If all prices are the same at every shop, try a fresh install. Could be a problem with the configs, but you shouldn't be able to sell the ores and buy the finished product cheaper (Realistically speaking, it's normally the other way around).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, I'm a single player aficionado and the prices in shops do vary more then a few versions ago. It certainly 'pays' to look for the expensive shops for selling and make a detour for a bargain when you need to buy something you don't have the resources for yet. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    There's a config option to turn "buy with credits" (for blueprints) back on. I suggest that you use it.